Board title: Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Category name: General

Forum name: General Topics

Posted by: Apache
Date: 09-02-2010 17:41:54
Some time back, I built a rudimentary veg filtering setup.

It consists of a top tank where you pour your SETTLED waste veg, with a drain into 1" pipe. Then there's a tap (so you can turn it off to change filters) and more pipe into two filter cannisters like these below but clear...

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/254252955/RO-water-filter-water-purifier-water-treatment.jpg

... the pipe out of the filters goes into a bottom tank near the top, and that tank has a tap on it so you can drain your cleaned veg into handy containers.

The filter cartridges will need replacing (I used a 50 micron followed by a 10 micron) but they're only cheap off ebay. The tanks are clear storage boxes with lids to keep small animals and dust out, and they hold about 80 litres if memory serves!

If anyone wants to come and get this lot, you can have it for the price of a few beers!
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 18:05:37
Bugga, would love it mate, ive got about 400 litres in the cellar just waiting to be filtered but your 160 miles from me. :(
Posted by: Brummie
Date: 09-02-2010 18:08:40

Icon - Post link si tate wrote:

Bugga, would love it mate, ive got about 400 litres in the cellar just waiting to be filtered but your 160 miles from me. :(
Surf Train?
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 18:10:28

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

Icon - Post link si tate wrote:

Bugga, would love it mate, ive got about 400 litres in the cellar just waiting to be filtered but your 160 miles from me. :(
Surf Train?
Good call. :D

Anybody up for it. :whistle:
Posted by: Brummie
Date: 09-02-2010 18:19:56
I,m heading up to Chatsworth House in the middle of march and if its not too bulky I should be able to fit it in the back of the Surf with the other gear,if thats any use.
Posted by: Apache
Date: 09-02-2010 18:21:00
It's not that bulky. Could probably all be boxed into one of the tanks.
Posted by: Brummie
Date: 09-02-2010 18:29:23
One is staying at Chatsworth House 16-19 March so if it can be picked up from there we're getting it towards Si.

Brummie

PS. One forgot to say one is staying at the Caravan Club site at Chatsworth
  :whistle:  :whistle:  :D  :D  :D
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 22:11:52
Just had a thought, im off to avalanche this year so if anyones going past apache's place maybe they could bob in on the way past.

How many beers are you after apache, 12, 24 a keg  :D

Also if i can arrange for it to be picked up is it ok for you to hold it for me or are you wanting the space?
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 22:14:17

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

I,m heading up to Chatsworth House in the middle of march and if its not too bulky I should be able to fit it in the back of the Surf with the other gear,if thats any use.
Cheers mate, will let you know.
Posted by: Apache
Date: 09-02-2010 22:34:18
No rush at all mate. Just use your own discretion re. beers. All is welcome, none refused :D
Posted by: Growler
Date: 09-02-2010 22:44:33
If all else fails I'm hoping to get over to Avalanche at least for one day of the weekend,  so could take bits over with me
Posted by: Apache
Date: 09-02-2010 23:03:40
And I may be able to get the stuff at least part of the way to you...
Posted by: Growler
Date: 09-02-2010 23:05:26
If wales run comes first, I should be able to pick it up when i drop you home :)

I should have enough space to store it for a few weeks
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 23:13:42
That would be great fella's, now how do i get the beers to you. :D

If growler would be so kind as to get you your favorite tipple then i would reimburse him on arrival at avalanche + his own comission of course.
Posted by: Matt
Date: 09-02-2010 23:21:02

Icon - Post link Apache wrote:

No rush at all mate. Just use your own discretion re. beers. All is welcome, none refused :D
Telling a Yorkshireman to use his own discretion on deciding payment... Hmmmm... Have you thought of asking one of the Scot's to safeguard the contents of your drinks cabinet too?
Posted by: Apache
Date: 09-02-2010 23:26:26
Only just noted where he's from.

Beer up front!

;)
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 23:34:00

Icon - Post link Apache wrote:

Only just noted where he's from.

Beer up front!

;)
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:






































Your being serious arn't you. :D
Posted by: si tate
Date: 09-02-2010 23:39:29

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

Icon - Post link Apache wrote:

No rush at all mate. Just use your own discretion re. beers. All is welcome, none refused :D
Telling a Yorkshireman to use his own discretion on deciding payment... Hmmmm... Have you thought of asking one of the Scot's to safeguard the contents of your drinks cabinet too?
Stop giving me a bad name, not all yorkshiremen are like you mate. :P
Posted by: Matt
Date: 10-02-2010 00:24:23

Icon - Post link si tate wrote:

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

Icon - Post link Apache wrote:

No rush at all mate. Just use your own discretion re. beers. All is welcome, none refused :D
Telling a Yorkshireman to use his own discretion on deciding payment... Hmmmm... Have you thought of asking one of the Scot's to safeguard the contents of your drinks cabinet too?
Stop giving me a bad name, not all yorkshiremen are like you mate. :P
:devilish: :D :D