Board title: Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Category name: General

Forum name: General Topics

Posted by: BigBobE
Date: 09-04-2010 19:59:29
hey guys here's my scenario:

i wired a home heating system for a guy that's ran from the gas network,

its all automated as such...

immersion is run from 2 stats, Hi/Lo on cylinder calling for heat.... (independent from time-clock)

heating i.e. radiators are controlled via a time clock.....

i have the supply to the heating thermo stats controlled via a contactor to drop out when timer goes off....

and have 3 motorised valves controlling the upstairs, downstairs,  & hot water....

my problem is now that for some reason in the passed week my automation dont work....

i am getting a back feed from the hot water side of things so now i need to design a fails safe drop out that when timer goes off all rads go off,

i am thinking 2 or 3 contactor, that when time clock goes off it kills all power and the resets so the immersion just does its thing....
Posted by: surfenstein
Date: 10-04-2010 06:11:39

Icon - Post link BigBobE wrote:

hey guys here's my scenario:

i wired a home heating system for a guy that's ran from the gas network,

its all automated as such...

immersion is run from 2 stats, Hi/Lo on cylinder calling for heat.... (independent from time-clock)

heating i.e. radiators are controlled via a time clock.....

i have the supply to the heating thermo stats controlled via a contactor to drop out when timer goes off....

and have 3 motorised valves controlling the upstairs, downstairs,  & hot water....

my problem is now that for some reason in the passed week my automation dont work....

i am getting a back feed from the hot water side of things so now i need to design a fails safe drop out that when timer goes off all rads go off,

i am thinking 2 or 3 contactor, that when time clock goes off it kills all power and the resets so the immersion just does its thing....
is it an electrical fault or a plumbing fault, can you not just fit a couple of one way valves  in the system to stop the back flow of water.?