Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#109-04-2010 19:59:29

Attn: Electrically minded.....

hey guys here's my scenario:

i wired a home heating system for a guy that's ran from the gas network,

its all automated as such...

immersion is run from 2 stats, Hi/Lo on cylinder calling for heat.... (independent from time-clock)

heating i.e. radiators are controlled via a time clock.....

i have the supply to the heating thermo stats controlled via a contactor to drop out when timer goes off....

and have 3 motorised valves controlling the upstairs, downstairs,  & hot water....

my problem is now that for some reason in the passed week my automation dont work....

i am getting a back feed from the hot water side of things so now i need to design a fails safe drop out that when timer goes off all rads go off,

i am thinking 2 or 3 contactor, that when time clock goes off it kills all power and the resets so the immersion just does its thing....

#210-04-2010 06:11:39

Re: Attn: Electrically minded.....

Icon - Post link BigBobE wrote:

hey guys here's my scenario:

i wired a home heating system for a guy that's ran from the gas network,

its all automated as such...

immersion is run from 2 stats, Hi/Lo on cylinder calling for heat.... (independent from time-clock)

heating i.e. radiators are controlled via a time clock.....

i have the supply to the heating thermo stats controlled via a contactor to drop out when timer goes off....

and have 3 motorised valves controlling the upstairs, downstairs,  & hot water....

my problem is now that for some reason in the passed week my automation dont work....

i am getting a back feed from the hot water side of things so now i need to design a fails safe drop out that when timer goes off all rads go off,

i am thinking 2 or 3 contactor, that when time clock goes off it kills all power and the resets so the immersion just does its thing....
is it an electrical fault or a plumbing fault, can you not just fit a couple of one way valves  in the system to stop the back flow of water.?
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo