Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#110-12-2010 14:47:06

New bit of business.

There is a lot of limo activity tonight. Not just our piles of shit, but everyone elses piles of shit. Mrs gwh is home in an hour and I'm off to a breakdown for a London firm...and the requests are piling in...could be a profitable night...and I'm driving lexurf.  big_smile

#210-12-2010 17:15:52

Re: New bit of business.

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

off to a breakdown for a London firm.....could be a profitable night...and I'm driving lexurfbig_smile
Price of petrol just gone down in your area then?... lol

#310-12-2010 17:27:14

With fuel costs, and Lexurf's copius diet you got to be making a fair old lot to make it profitable - you demanding the car as the price for repairing it, the scrap value should do handsomely  big_smile

#410-12-2010 19:27:40

Where's it written that Lexurfs are more thirsty than diesel surfs then?

Oh hang on, I'll go next door and ask Dave................ tongue

#510-12-2010 21:09:59

I've written before...lexurf uses just about the same amount of fuel as the old 2.4...which makes it better than the free leeter. I am getting around 17-21 to the gallon on A roads and I reckon I got 23 on the motorway. I freely admit I boot it now and then...but why have a screaming banshee of a V8 and drive like miss daisy. I've just stopped a hummer from being towed. He was stuck in 3rd gear...sounded familiar. His usual man was adamant the box was gubbed. I changed the ignition relay and he's currently off on his hire...and it's changing fine. So much relies on this ignition relay, I've advised him to always carry a spare...it costs. About £12 from bauer millet. Lots cheaper than £2000 for a bew box with labour and vat ( which he's just had done).

#610-12-2010 21:31:32

and would still need a relay presumably

#710-12-2010 21:58:33

...and will work for a while if you reset the ecu, by having the power off for 8 hours. It will only work for a while after though. Poor fella has been properly ripped off. His usual fitter is still here. He remarked how it was impossible to find a wiring diagram for an h2...so u let him have a hard copy I have with me.

Not a fekin clue has the man.

#810-12-2010 22:10:45

So the new line is Hummer repairs - I can see you being busy big_smile
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo