Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#108-11-2011 22:37:09

Anyone know the US English spelling of...

programming? Just came up on another site, and I'm not actually sure on this one. They spell programme as program, (do they not?), so I'm assuming that they also spell programming with one m rather than two, else they'd actually be using a variant of Queen's English versus US English depending on context, which would just be bloody weird.

As per usual, when it comes to spelling nuances, doing an online search is practically pointless.

#208-11-2011 22:57:10

Re: Anyone know the US English spelling of...

Another question. Do we use: 'to program' or 'to programme' in relation to computer programming? I've lost the plot on this one completely. big_smile

#308-11-2011 23:16:36

On the first one, it's 'programming'. 

On the second one, we use 'programme' - verb same as noun. 

Now go to sleep, you've completely lost it.

#408-11-2011 23:17:09

or 'lost it completely' if you've got a problem with split infinitives.

#508-11-2011 23:28:21

Icon - Post link Sancho wrote:

or 'lost it completely' if you've got a problem with split infinitives.
Bugger. You kicked that one out before I had chance. big_smile Mind you, looking back, mine is no better. big_smile  That's what I thought regarding the second one too, but it appears we are in the minority.

#609-11-2011 04:23:16

hmm

If you're in the minority then you'll probably get state assistance ...

OR

From an intellectual point of view you're going to be correct given the number of complete feckwits infesting this country !

whistle
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo