Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#112-11-2011 20:24:24

House radiator piping question

Is it okay to disconnect a radiator and just cap the pipes, or do the ends need to be looped?

#212-11-2011 20:27:33

Re: House radiator piping question

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

Is it okay to disconnect a radiator and just cap the pipes, or do the ends need to be looped?
Loop the ends .

#312-11-2011 20:29:52

Cheers. thumbs

#412-11-2011 20:47:19

depends where it is in the system

#512-11-2011 21:14:49

This sounds like it may go wrong...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/gwh200/f4052ba6.jpg

#612-11-2011 21:22:26

Icon - Post link MudSurfer wrote:

Downstairs. Not sure how it's connected to the upstairs system. Looping will make sure it's fine whichever method, (inline or parallel), has been used, will it not?

#712-11-2011 22:09:29

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

Icon - Post link MudSurfer wrote:

Downstairs. Not sure how it's connected to the upstairs system. Looping will make sure it's fine whichever method, (inline or parallel), has been used, will it not?
Yep.

#812-11-2011 22:22:55

I'd cap it if it was yours - then just see what happens big_smile

#913-11-2011 00:30:23

As said it depends where in system...I have two just capped off. Good thing about plumbing is it's just common, logical sense.

#1013-11-2011 10:12:42

If there are two pipes coming to it (doesn't matter where from) then it should be fine to close the rad valves , drain the rad, then remove it.
If it's just to decorate then as long as the valves are not leting by you shouldn't need to cap
If however you have a thermostatic valve at one end remember these do not shut off fully unless the head is removed and replaced with the 'cap'

PS......anyone local needs plumbing or heating.........
www.hawkstown.co.uk

#1113-11-2011 10:46:03

Icon - Post link Tintin wrote:

If there are two pipes coming to it (doesn't matter where from) then it should be fine to close the rad valves , drain the rad, then remove it.
If it's just to decorate then as long as the valves are not leting by you shouldn't need to cap
If however you have a thermostatic valve at one end remember these do not shut off fully unless the head is removed and replaced with the 'cap'

PS......anyone local needs plumbing or heating.........
www.hawkstown.co.uk
P.S I just had a boiler fitted this week... hmm ....you can quote for the bathroom refit if you like??

#1213-11-2011 11:05:29

Any time mate, Give Darren a call on one of the contact numbers or call me direct on Zero Seven Nine 80-343201 during the day mon to fri any time from now til crimbo, (i'll be working with him all that time)

Alan

#1313-11-2011 11:12:16

Nah, it's not just a decorating thing Alan. big_smile Found out that one of the radiators is leaking, (she only bothered telling me yesterday, because I was inspecting a damp patch on the floor from it), so just going to cut the pipes off above the skirting and ditch it. That radiator has never been piss all use anyhows, so I'm going to leave the main piping there just incase it's ever needed again, but solder a bypass loop on and whip the rest of it out.

#1413-11-2011 14:03:53

orc1

#1513-11-2011 16:44:35

Sorted. Took a while longer than can generally be expected for such a simple job, (I have the fecktard factor to deal with, so every job tends to take a while longer. big_smile Ended up drenched head to foot due to somebody thinking it's amusing to paint over drain valves, and the bastard thing popped on me when I tried freeing it), but I think it looks quite tidy now, even if I do say so myself. big_smile
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo