Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#116-11-2011 18:41:30

You really can feel quality, (no perving....)

It's amazing just what difference a little difference in quality of manufacture and attention to details makes when using something. The Warwick lathe, which is the newest one I have, (and not exactly what one could call of shonky quality), just feels so coarse to use compared to the pre-B type & A type Drummonds, both of which are older by quite a margin so should, theoretically, also be suffering from more wear. Even what one might class as silly little things, like handle design, can make all of the difference between a blistered thumb and forefinger and ones which aren't. Things like the smoothness of the saddle travel are worlds apart, in a miniscule world size way. big_smile

Even though there's not a cat in Hell's chance of me parting with this Warwick, and also knowing how much I hate altering things from their original state, (the state of design as they are when I receive them, not necessarily their original design), I can honestly say that I'm going to end up doing some alterations to this thing to make it more graceful to use.
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo