Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#117-11-2011 19:26:22

House question

If a house is mortgaged under both names, and one signs it over to the other one, (effectively making one the sole owner/mortgage payer), are both parties still due part share of that house, (monetary or otherwise), in the event of a divorce? I'm guessing that's an absolute yes.

#217-11-2011 19:31:32

Re: House question

you are correct Matt. One has to buy the other out

#317-11-2011 19:34:27

Cheers Rich. thumbs Thought that would be the case.

#417-11-2011 19:43:19

Whats Stein gone and done now?  lol

#517-11-2011 19:49:35

either one buy the other out or the house is sold and profit shared

#617-11-2011 20:13:21

That is an absolute yes Matt.

#717-11-2011 21:28:50

Not only is it a yes, but you can't assume that if for example a husband bought out a wife's mortgage, he would then get the house upon divorce. It is still a shared asset. And no nothing about divorce is fair.
But you know what they say: "divorce: it's expensive, but it's worth it..."
whistle

#817-11-2011 21:49:39

Icon - Post link flounderbout wrote:

Not only is it a yes, but you can't assume that if for example a husband bought out a wife's mortgage, he would then get the house upon divorce. It is still a shared asset. And no nothing about divorce is fair.
But you know what they say: "divorce: it's expensive, but it's worth it..."
whistle
I'm assuming nothing. big_smile That pretty much covers the stance I'm taking regarding the house. I realise that it's not cut and dry hence want nothing to do with it, but she seems to think she can sign it over, bugger off and I'll be happy to take it on. Rather than just giving me some time, like I wanted, to try and get sorted so that I can move out permanently and leave her to do whatever..., nope. That would be too easy and considerate. I know full well she'd get her full pound of flesh at some point, so I ain't leaving myself in any position where she has a hold. I want a clean break, but she seems insistent on making things more awkward than they need to be, because it's not what she wants.

Seriously though, on that note. When you resort to blanking and ignoring someone completely because it's the only way you can manage to get through each day without no end of shit being created, (acknowledge her existence and it's like a feckin holocaust), how can they then have the audacity to complain because you're taking that approach?

I seriously wish this crap of finding a job was easier. big_smile A consistent income is the only thing which is holding me back. I'd be off like a shot if I managed to get some luck on the permanent employment front.

Icon - Post link Bushwhacker wrote:

Whats Stein gone and done now?  lol
devilish lol lol

#917-11-2011 21:54:09

When I offered you to come up here for a while...I was feckin drunk.  wink

#1017-11-2011 23:12:24

I must've missed that thread/post. big_smile big_smile

#1117-11-2011 23:53:59

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

When I offered you to come up here for a while...I was feckin drunk.  wink
Matt..just turn up with lots of booze... big_smile

#1218-11-2011 00:28:32

big_smile big_smile Just deviating for a moment here. big_smile One thing I have noted recently, due to the fact that I've actually made an effort to spend some time with the other members of my family, (I usually only visit my mum and dad and, on the rare occasion, my sister), is how awkward I feel around the rest of them these days. Settling around that air of snobbish condescension which my brothers seem to do so well is feckin hard. The fact that they also possess the typical copper attitude permanently doesn't help. I've realised that I really am at odds with half of my family, general attitude wise. Thought it's best that I start associating again though, rather than avoiding them for the sake of keeping the peace, (that's a fairly moot point now anyhows big_smile).

#1318-11-2011 06:41:48

Is the copper attitude a reference to their jobs, or hair colour?  big_smile

#1418-11-2011 10:59:06

if your not too fussed about what work you do, your local hospitals trust will have a "bank" system for nursing staff to cover sickness (lots) holidays etc. You need to register yourself, they wil put you through some training courses and then you go on call. Down here its done by text message...the first to respond gets the shift. You can choose what work you do and when you do it....but there is no holiday or sick pay.
Most of the work down here seems to be the mental health hospitals, if you choose/register for night duty, you get time & 1/3 pay and can get more for bank holidays/weekends, it can be rough and stressful at times but you may even find it rewarding. neutral ...just a thought....

#1518-11-2011 11:20:18

hmm

I can just imagine the GGT's bedside manner ...

whistle

#1618-11-2011 11:46:09

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

big_smile big_smile Just deviating for a moment here. big_smile One thing I have noted recently, due to the fact that I've actually made an effort to spend some time with the other members of my family, (I usually only visit my mum and dad and, on the rare occasion, my sister), is how awkward I feel around the rest of them these days. Settling around that air of snobbish condescension which my brothers seem to do so well is feckin hard. The fact that they also possess the typical copper attitude permanently doesn't help. I've realised that I really am at odds with half of my family, general attitude wise. Thought it's best that I start associating again though, rather than avoiding them for the sake of keeping the peace, (that's a fairly moot point now anyhows big_smile).
Remember Matt,

you can choose your friends but, you can't choose your family ! However family can come in useful in the event of a divorce, took me a long time to come to terms with the decision to split. Make sure your exit plan fits your 6p's don't make any knee jerk decisions, consult the solicitoralternatively do her in and stay at her majesty's pleasure for a few months...apparently works out cheaper ? whistle

#1718-11-2011 12:16:47

Seems fair John...at least the board and lodging are free .  big_smile

#1818-11-2011 12:54:35

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

Seems fair John...at least the board and lodging are free .  big_smile
And the holes already dug....

#1918-11-2011 12:55:55

Plenty of lime in the footings  whistle

#2018-11-2011 13:18:57

Icon - Post link john h wrote:

However family can come in useful in the event of a divorce
That's one of the reasons why I'm making an effort to associate again. big_smile

took me a long time to come to terms with the decision to split. Make sure your exit plan fits your 6p's don't make any knee jerk decisions, consult the solicitor. Alternatively do her in and stay at her majesty's pleasure for a few months...apparently works out cheaper ? whistle
I've never been one for rushing on actions and decisions, as people might have noted in the past. big_smile The latter has been considered as a possible option on a few occasions too. big_smile

#2118-11-2011 13:22:22

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

if your not too fussed about what work you do, your local hospitals trust will have a "bank" system for nursing staff to cover sickness (lots) holidays etc. You need to register yourself, they wil put you through some training courses and then you go on call. Down here its done by text message...the first to respond gets the shift. You can choose what work you do and when you do it....but there is no holiday or sick pay.
Most of the work down here seems to be the mental health hospitals, if you choose/register for night duty, you get time & 1/3 pay and can get more for bank holidays/weekends, it can be rough and stressful at times but you may even find it rewarding. neutral ...just a thought....
Cheers John. thumbs Didn't even know there were possibilities like that. I'd always assumed any necessary training would be a prerequisite.

#2218-11-2011 14:58:18

None at all apparently.
They take people on as healthcare assistants, by no means fully trained, but brought to a set standard....some of the courses would be physically challenging, as you may have need to restrain a person, or protect yourself from personal injury...you have to be trained to do it "their" way to avoid injury.
Even if you signed up and did the training, it could put you in good stead for something else, and I believe they pay you to attend the training too.

#2318-11-2011 15:33:27

Matt...for once I'm not taking the piss. Some,( read loads), of employers, look at a skill set, to see if you have transferable skills. You for instance, have electronic skills, so they could be transferable toward other problem solving jobs.

The piss taking bit.

Yer feckin rent boy.  big_smile

#2418-11-2011 15:48:11

lol

He's right for once !

HOWEVER they may also look at other, less desirable, transferable traits and skills ...

e.g. being a cantankerous Tyke !

whistle

#2518-11-2011 19:41:00

But most employers have to take on a number of minorities...

...like gingers, for instance   big_smile  big_smile
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo