Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#120-11-2011 07:30:48

Splendid opportunity for a piss take ...

big_smile

I usually avoid making emotional and trashy posts but it's a weird day for us ...

19 years ago today Windsor Castle caught fire but Jackie and I were completely unaware as she was busy giving birth to Katie, Dave and Paul.  For the first time since they were born they are spending their birthday apart from each other and us. Hopefully they're not feeling as emotional about it as we are !

We don't usually make a fuss about them but we're immensely proud and grateful that we have somehow ended up with not one but three caring, intelligent and hard working children that also know how to have fun without upsetting other people.

That's all folks - feel free to bring me back to reality !

lol

#220-11-2011 07:56:57

Re: Splendid opportunity for a piss take ...

Sounds like you and Jackie did a good job. big_smile  big_smile

don't forget www.xmasclock.com  devilish  devilish  devilish

sofa  whistle

#320-11-2011 08:02:30

big_smile 

Thanks BATSARD !

Gotta say that it was more luck than judgement cos we still don't have a clue - on the other hand I'm beginning to believe in divine intervention ...

lol

#420-11-2011 08:05:57

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

big_smile 

Thanks BATSARD !

Gotta say that it was more luck than judgement cos we still don't have a clue - on the other hand I'm beginning to believe in divine intervention ...

lol
Isn't divine intervention when you forget to take your credit card when SWMBO drags you out shopping  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#520-11-2011 08:22:21

lol

Most people would agree with that but I can't !

Jackie's the sane and sensible one that won't spend a single penny that's not in the bank - it takes me huge amounts of effort to get her to buy anything for herself ...

If our luck holds HER Surf will be treated to a modest body lift and a couple of other simple mods - my reward will be a case of Chateauneuf du Pape !

lol

#620-11-2011 08:33:34

That wasn't the only castle destroyed by smoke was it. There was Windsor castle and Roy...

#720-11-2011 14:01:10

Splendid opportunity for a piss take ......

http://daemon4x4.org/board/gallery/58/1321797591bobbull.jpg

big_smile

#820-11-2011 14:37:58

lol

For those that don't know me I'm the good looking one on the left with the hair - for those that do know me shut the feck up !

lol

#920-11-2011 14:49:41

What time was that photo taken? There's usually muppets climbing all over that statue taking pictures of each other   devilish  devilish  devilish

sofa

tease

Brummie lol  lol

#1020-11-2011 15:15:52

Nice hat Bob...did you mug an asylum seeker?

#1120-11-2011 16:19:27

What a load of bull  whistle

Shouldn't you be wearing the red top though Bob ? sofa

#1220-11-2011 16:31:28

lol

I'm a little disappointed that none of you believed me !

Pic was taken around 10:00 before Brum turned manic, the hat is a genuine (i.e. overpriced) Tilley and is designed to keep elephants away - it does this very effectively as I haven't seen a single elephant while I've been wearing it.

If you knew Jackie you'd understand how appropriate it is for her to wear that hoody - I'm a total pussycat compared to her !

The other one is Paul, the runt of the litter, 4lb 8oz at birth which ain't bad considering the average weight for triplets is 3lb and ours were 4 weeks early - the upside is that he has the Taylor's receding hairline already so by the time he's 30 he'll be thinking about shaving his head ...

PS
Katie and Dave weren't in the pic is cos it was taken for a Geocaching thing and they don't geocache !

devil

Last edited by Predictable Bob (20-11-2011 16:47:15)

#1320-11-2011 17:38:02

I hope you didn't leave anything by the Bull as it will either be mistaken for a bomb and blown up or nicked by the local pond life. Great place to live Brum whistle  whistle

#1420-11-2011 17:49:23

lol

Nah - it's what they call a virtual cache - you just need evidence that you actually found it ! 

It'd be a bit difficult missing a bull in a shopping centre though ...

lol

#1520-11-2011 17:52:21

Well there are lots of YAM YAMs up there devilish

#1620-11-2011 18:37:49

lol

Cos the kids are all at uni around Brum I've frequently mentioned that they're going to be living and working in the area after uni and that they're highly likely to be the parents of Yam Yams ...

Needless to say they are currently rejecting the possibility emphatically !

lol

#1720-11-2011 21:16:11

Icon - Post link Bio Hazard wrote:

Well there are lots of YAM YAMs up there devilish
yam yams come from the black country, our brummie unless he's a trade description issue is pukka brum.  smile

#1821-11-2011 01:42:03

Icon - Post link abecketts wrote:

yam yams come from the black country, our brummie unless he's a trade description issue is pukka brum.  smile
Yup, I'm the real thing a Brummie born and bred, so I shall say it slowly and clearly for the unenlightened

Brummies    come   from   Birmingham.   Yam Yams    come   from   the   Black   country. Entirely different areas, it's an insult if you call a Brummie a Yam Yam or a Yam Yam a Brummie. Its like calling someone from Chepstow English they're Welsh and will tell you rather quickley  whistle

#1921-11-2011 08:29:28

Well, at least it's now obvious why that bull appears to be leaning. devilish
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo