Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#128-11-2011 18:35:51

new and keen to go off road.....more..!

hi people, i have just found this forum after looking for byways near where i live, i have a standard 2.4 surf with BFG mud terrain tyres on it, i have done a few byways near me (the ones by the north wilts golf club) theyre a bit muddy but a do them all in RWD, never have a need for 4WD, theyre too easy.

anyway, are there any other byways near me that are good, nothing too harsh as its still standard apart from tyres and dont want to mash the sides on trees!

are there ever any meets near me too? i know about the compton basset 4x4 trial, do people from here ever go there, heard its too extreme for a standard surf tho......?

#228-11-2011 18:44:56

Re: new and keen to go off road.....more..!

welcome along, where did you hear about this site???

get some picks of your surf up for our perusal....

#328-11-2011 18:51:43

Biohazard is the man for you..but he is probably getting drunk right now, cos it's his birthday. Wait till he's sober. He will be able to help.

Mind you, he is a proper shirtlifter.  big_smile

#428-11-2011 19:10:53

will do put pics eventually, not had new laptop long so no pics on it. i was just searching for byways on google and a link was to here, then i noticed a lot of surf owners on here so decided  to do the deed.

#528-11-2011 19:40:37

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

Mind you, he can lift my shirt any day  big_smile
now now GWH, you'll scare the new guy.....

Well gets pics up soon as muddle,

and you'll need to watch out for the Biohazard....

#628-11-2011 19:47:32

Welcome to the nuthouse :-)

Beware getting downwind of Bio  gasmask

#728-11-2011 19:55:32

Icon - Post link BigBobE wrote:

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

Mind you, she can lift my shirt any day  big_smile
now now GWH, you make me wet, i moisten when you type

Will gets pics up soon, as i need to get them off my laptop, before my wife finds them.
and you'll need to watch out for me...i like toilet fun with men.....
Honesty is not always the best policy Bob.  big_smile

#828-11-2011 19:59:42

http://12.media.tumblr.com/Xb7Ruvb3Xae6rfhr8O8O2vCy_400.jpg

GWh i still have this pick from THAT weekend drunk  hump  yikes

#928-11-2011 20:29:47

I fail to see the correlation between this site and off-roading  neutral

And only follow Bio if you're prepared to spend weeks cleaning/fixing your truck afterwards  big_smile

#1028-11-2011 20:47:13

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

I fail to see the correlation between this site and off-roading  neutral

And only follow Bio if you're prepared to spend weeks cleaning/fixing your truck afterwards  big_smile

What do you mean wink
I only had a squashed exhaust tip,a ripped off electrics hook up,totally mangled arb mount,various new rattles and squeaks,don't even start about the mud EVERYWHERE.

Most fun I have had in a very very long time.

#1128-11-2011 20:47:34

i spend weeks cleaning and fixing it now anyway, probably the result of racing with a friend down byways at 60MPH. surf get emotional if you hit ruts and bumps at that speed, forever adjusting the camber and changing arms. worth it tho.

as for cleaning ill jet wash it and that will do, if i polish it i only do the same again! doh!

#1228-11-2011 20:53:25

hmm

A jetwash won't get Salisbury Plain out of your rad it'll just mangle the fins !

Don't ask how I know ...

whistle

#1328-11-2011 21:00:11

#1428-11-2011 21:07:22

thats similar to my engine bay last week, ill clean and take care with all of the more delicate parts, i just jet the hell out of the body panels, the misses gets grumps on if i leave mud all over the drive way!!!!

#1528-11-2011 21:08:48

Icon - Post link muddle wrote:

i spend weeks cleaning and fixing it now anyway, probably the result of racing with a friend down byways at 60MPH. surf get emotional if you hit ruts and bumps at that speed, forever adjusting the camber and changing arms. worth it tho.

as for cleaning ill jet wash it and that will do, if i polish it i only do the same again! doh!
If you want to do that go to a play and play site or use private land , If you want to green lane properly and learn the route then i can help.I promote responsible off roading.

You have two P&P sites near you foxham and minety4x4

#1628-11-2011 21:21:41

Icon - Post link Bio Hazard wrote:

If you want to do that go to a play and play site or use private land , If you want to green lane properly and learn the route then i can help.I promote responsible off roading.

You have two P&P sites near you foxham and minety4x4
Ooops missed the bit about 60mph hmm

#1728-11-2011 21:27:28

it was only at them silly arse speeds because the byways are more like a farm track, with a gravel section, would't mess about like that on proper byways.

but i would very much love to find/do some more byways etc near here, pay and play sounds good but i think i would rather put that money towards more diesel and do more byways/greenlaning.

#1828-11-2011 21:30:45

another thing, i bought my surf about a year ago, and never really thought into it, but why would it have a tow ball on the front, its just below the A bar.

#1928-11-2011 21:39:44

The recommended speed by GLASS on ANY BYWAY is 12 mph Whizzing down any route that is classified as a byway is asking for trouble from the Anti 4x4 bobblehats.

As I said I promote responsible use

#2028-11-2011 21:44:06

I will be going out between now and xmas ...... and it will be posted on here

#2128-11-2011 21:44:32

another thing, i bought my surf about a year ago, and never really thought into it, but why would it have a tow ball on the front, its just below the A bar.
hmm

Probably cos it's easier to manoeuvre trailers/caravans in tight spaces when you're looking at them - was the towball offset to one side ?

cool

#2228-11-2011 21:44:56

ok,i shall change my ways, and on that note,,, what other byways/ tracks are near me and are good? are you guys on here doing a run of the wilts byways any time soon? i would like to do sailsbury too, but dont know where/ when to go, ill probably get shot or mowed down by a tank.

i seem to get bad luck like that whistle

#2328-11-2011 21:46:05

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

hmm

Probably cos it's easier to manoeuvre trailers/caravans in tight spaces when you're looking at them - was the towball offset to one side ?

cool
nope its central, bolted to a girt steel bar to the chassis.

im keeping it there as it may come in handy one day.

#2428-11-2011 21:50:19

Well the plain has it's own rules including fines and crushing trucks for playing off piste ..... but there are lots of leagal routes to drive ...... there will be a couple of recces for my xmas run before xmas and there are some great water features and obstacles the trick on the plain is to drive them once and go on it's when idiots stay and play at a feature that the MOD get Miffed off

#2528-11-2011 21:54:13

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

hmm

cool
nope its central, bolted to a girt steel bar to the chassis.

im keeping it there as it may come in handy one day.
Have you got a picture ......That sound familiar
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo