Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#104-12-2011 00:05:24

Don't you just love being proven right

Got myself one of these earlier in the year:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Genko-Bench-Drill-/110782295154

whilst trying to validate the fact that I thought it was cute and useful due to the small size, (hence wanted it), by saying to our Gert that it would be worth far more than what I paid for it if I decided to sell it on. This one is proving me correct. big_smile Paid a grand total of £4 + postage for mine, so around £12 all in. Small and cute generally always sells well, IMHO.

#204-12-2011 08:35:54

Re: Don't you just love being proven right

you're selling something do you need help  whistle

#304-12-2011 13:14:07

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

Got myself one of these earlier in the year:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Genko-Bench-Drill-/110782295154

whilst trying to validate the fact that I thought it was cute and useful due to the small size, (hence wanted it), by saying to our Gert that it would be worth far more than what I paid for it if I decided to sell it on. This one is proving me correct. big_smile Paid a grand total of £4 + postage for mine, so around £12 all in. Small and cute generally always sells well, IMHO.
After reading and re-reading I think Matt is just saying that the jun oops sorry the drill is worth more than he paid, not that he is going to sell it

Mind you I'm not surprised that its value has risen.......................the price of scrap is going through the roof  devilish  devilish

#404-12-2011 16:53:34

Icon - Post link abecketts wrote:

you're selling something do you need help  whistle
By eck, are you mad? big_smile Wot Brummie said, (minus the junk part swear big_smile).

#510-12-2011 20:06:02

Yet another example of my eye for a hidden gem. big_smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm

Got mine for a damned sight less than that. Don't think she believed me about the one I got being an absolute bargain when she saw it. At least when I pop my clogs, they'll get a few bob by flogging my kit. big_smile

#610-12-2011 20:57:23

Is that the one with the switches on for auto stop/ reverse for tapping?

#710-12-2011 21:06:22

Not that I know of. Haven't given it a lot of scrutiny yet, other than stripping it down so that I could carry the bugger out to the workshop, (its weight/size ratio is amazingly deceptive. It's an absolute brick, weight wise), but as far as I recall, it only has a simple stop/start setup, (once I wire it up correctly and as per originally intended, that is).

#811-12-2011 00:25:35

Easy to tell there's usually a microswitch for the depth stop to hit big_smile

#911-12-2011 00:59:10

Definitely nowt like that on it, that I can recall.

#1011-12-2011 01:13:57

Shame, but they're really only useful if you've got a lot of holes to tap or they aren't worth the bother of setting up.

#1111-12-2011 01:26:48

Isn't depth marking on tool bits what insulation tape is for? devilish
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo