Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#109-12-2011 17:07:16

Lots of new bits

Being that the management and I decided that I couldn't afford an Amazon with the same sort of mileage as  the Surf I have been buying pressies for it. So far it has had nice shiny new rear bumper quarters,a front bumper and rad grille . 2 x Hella 9inch spots. Now the oily bits, new cam belt, new 'V' belts, rockerbox gasket, brake pads and heavy duty rear springs (from Roughtrax).  I've got a nice shiney oil cooler for the auto box to be fitted between now and the next time I want to tow the tin shed and I've got to sort the peeling laquer on the roof, then all I will need is Bushwhacker to detail it for me    whistle  whistle 

sofa can I come out now?  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#209-12-2011 17:22:07

Re: Lots of new bits

Top tip!
Before you fit the bumpers, paint the backs of them with Hammerite or they'll start to rust within a couple of months. Slap it on good and thick especially around the mounting brackets.

Of course I would love to detail it, but I'll need it for at least  week to hump out all that junk you carry in the back.

p.s.  I hope you're keeping those wheels clean! roll

#309-12-2011 18:32:29

The bumpers have been Hammerited and fitted, I didn't bother with the new rad grille ...................its plastic  rofl  I've tried with the wheels but they got FUBAR'd last winter and I haven't got a polishing mop to get them all the way back. sofa  I nearly rubbed the prints off my fingers trying to polish them  hmm
I've just collected the surf from having most of the oily bits done . I've got nowhere to do the work myself even if my health would let me. It would take me a week to do what took my mechanic an afternoon, even if I had somewhere, and probably a month to get over it   It really pisses me off!!! sad  sad All thats left is the oil cooler for  the auto box.

Brummie  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#409-12-2011 23:42:48

Oooo...new oilly and shiny bits always gives a nice warm glow..buy more..more..more and then send them to me..

#511-12-2011 01:27:31

All I've got to do now is adjust the torsion bars as I had a senior moment when I ordered the springs and got the 2" lift ones so I look as if I'm driving downhill everywhere  oops

#611-12-2011 01:29:25

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

so I look as if I'm driving downhill everywhere  oops
Thought that was the norm with people of your age? devilish

#711-12-2011 01:34:47

No you got it wrong again. Its me that's going downhill not the Surf. Nowt wrong with that that a visit to Bushwhackers Magic Kingdom wouldn't cure. big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#811-12-2011 01:37:31

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

No you got it wrong again. Its me that's going downhill not the Surf.
Ah...

Thought you might've started driving downhill 'cos your legs were too old & knackered to take you down there anymore. devilish

#911-12-2011 01:42:54

You were half right. I'm ok walking? limping? (one or the other) down the hill it's getting back up the fecker where I have the troubles neutral  neutral

#1011-12-2011 01:44:32

lol lol
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo