Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#111-12-2011 20:51:13

I'm well and truly in the shit

You ever had one of those moments where you've placed a bid on Ebay thinking that there's no way on earth you'll get it for within your max range, and, well, you do? Had one of those moments where I went and made a somewhat paltry bid, just so that I wouldn't feel gutted at not even attempting a bid on something if it happened to go for a pathetic amount again, (the amount of absolute steals I've missed recently, due to having to consider Christmas first before toys), and I went and won. Plus, it's in North Yorkshire, and I'll have to make space in the shed and figure out how the chuff to get it past the massive pit in front of the shed door. To say that Gert is not amused would be an understatement.

#211-12-2011 20:53:04

Re: I'm well and truly in the shit

Link to your prize would be helpful devilish

#311-12-2011 21:00:47

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm

What can I say. It's a major. It's the bigger brother of the general Rapidor saws which tend to crop up on Ebay, and they usually go for far more than that. There's one of the standard Rapidor's on there at the moment sat at £60 odd quid with a day or two left to go, so I just put one of those token gesture type bids on this, and I got the fecking thing. big_smile She's definitely not amused, I can honestly say. whistle

There is a small portion of the blade arm broken out somehow, (above the 'ter' in Manchester), but other than that it appears in generally decent condition. Swap the motor out for a single phase and jobs a good un. They have a 6" cutting capacity on those, if I recall correctly. The standard Rapidor is 4".

#411-12-2011 21:12:19

I've got one of those, they are fantastic.
big_smile

#511-12-2011 21:17:52

Got to see if I live long enough to enjoy it yet though. big_smile They are a cracking bit of kit, ain't they. Does the tray and saw assembly disassemble from the base Tony, or will it fit in the Surf complete, with a bit of manoeuvring?

#611-12-2011 21:29:09

No idea, mine came from my dad, and we rolled it into a small trailer.

big_smile

It must do really, can't see why not, but mine is up workshop so can't go look easily.

It's frigging heavy though.

#711-12-2011 22:52:00

Try here www.physiosupplies.com/acatalog for help when you go to fetch it  devilish  devilish  devilish

#812-12-2011 10:14:24

Icon - Post link TonyN wrote:

It must do really, can't see why not, but mine is up workshop so can't go look easily.
Looks like I'll be finding out the hard way then. big_smile big_smile

It's frigging heavy though.
That'll make a change for me then. whistle big_smile The next door neighbour still disappears like nobody's business if he thinks I've got any kit in the back, after I asked him if he could give me a quick hand with that 5" lathe. devilish

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

Try here www.physiosupplies.com/acatalog for help when you go to fetch it  devilish  devilish  devilish
I've already got this one:

http://daemon4x4.org/board/gallery/3/1286239562truss.jpeg

big_smile big_smile big_smile Don't know why, but everyone seems to think I'll end up getting a hernia. big_smile big_smile big_smile

#912-12-2011 15:29:29

I thought you had ricketts!

#1012-12-2011 17:57:02

I do have a severe case of...

perfection. devilish

#1112-12-2011 18:11:51

Matt what exactly do you do in your shed ?.I'm not being funny i honestly don't know

#1212-12-2011 18:25:32

Feck all. I can't actually get in there due to all of the old tat I keep collecting. big_smile big_smile

#1312-12-2011 18:43:32

lol  lol  lol  lol

#1412-12-2011 18:44:10

OK so if you could get in there ?

#1512-12-2011 18:49:38

In that case...

I'd actually use all of the old tat I keep collecting. big_smile

#1612-12-2011 19:29:37

Well stop collecting and finish the swim....underground shed-thing then..

#1712-12-2011 19:32:42

mad  big_smile  lol

#1814-12-2011 19:00:15

Picked it up today. Seems to be in quite good condition. Still plenty of shimming on the slide mech and no discernible play, so not been abused. What I thought was a chunk missing from the arm actually appears to be how the arm was cast too, so that's a perk. There must've been some minor variance allowed between each arm they cast, for some weird reason. The hydraulic oil dumped itself in the back too, big_smile as we ended up putting it in on its side. (I'll be stripping and refilling the damper though, so that's definitely not a biggie other than having to clean the carpet in the back, once I get it out). Found out when I got it back here that the bed and stand are just bolted together. There was just so many years of buildup on it that the bolts weren't discernible without digging all the crap out of the holes.

Quite chuffed with it. A clean up and a bit of attention, plus popping a single phase motor on it, and this one should look and work a treat.

#1914-12-2011 19:30:10

Nice one got any better pics

#2014-12-2011 19:55:23

Not as yet. Literally only just finished separating the two halves, and they're still in the back of the Surf at the moment. big_smile

#2108-01-2012 23:42:33

What's the old saying about the type of pillock who goes and drops the same type of bollock more than once? whistle

#2209-01-2012 00:10:06

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

What's the old saying about the type of pillock who goes and drops the same type of bollock more than once? whistle
And you've bid on what??.. roll

#2309-01-2012 00:41:12

Well, it might be something resembling a vertical air tank thingumajig. whistle big_smile Just did a random search on compressors the other day, (haven't looked at the things since my last slight under-estimation in that area ended up with me practically killing myself else chasing a compressor down a bloody steep hill big_smile), and there was a shonky picture of a vertical tank jobbie down in Holbeach. So anyhows, the way prices have hiked up on Ebay since Christmas passed, I thought there's no way on earth that a compressor, (I've no bloody idea what it's like other than being a vertical unit with some motor based problem big_smile), is going to go for less than thirty quid, so plonked on a token bid just because I happened to be online around the time it was finishing. Guess who's got a large? vertical compressor to pick up now? It honestly did seem like a good idea at the time. whistle

On the plus side, the acquisition of the Rapidor last month has been justified by the silly prices which they've hiked back upto now. big_smile One of the Minor's went for over £200 today, and the other one on Ebay is up at around £100 with still a day or two to go.

#2409-01-2012 02:02:08

Icon - Post link Bio Hazard wrote:

Nice one got any better pics
Took this pic of it.

http://daemon4x4.org/board/gallery/3/1326071747matt_rapidor_major.jpg

Obviously needs some tidying up, but generally sound. Only thing I am having a problem with is trying to get the bloody driveshaft out so that I can get the bronze bushes sorted. big_smile It will not come loose from the crank arm for love nor money at the moment. This one piece is the awkward bugger:

http://daemon4x4.org/board/gallery/3/1326071748rapidor_driveshaft.jpg

The key seems as if it's pressed in, (it won't shift at all), and the crank arm seems locked solid onto the shaft.

Plus, I've got a gash in my forehead this evening from head-butting the top of that vertical rod for the coolant arm. Don't usually use the Mole grips on anything if I can help it, but they were applied to that bugger pretty sharpish to remove it, after I did that trick. big_smile

#2509-01-2012 13:36:40

I moved mine from the workshop to back home at the weekend, can't see what you were making all the fuss about, was easy....

http://daemon4x4.org/board/gallery/58/1326116047img_1640[1_jpg

big_smile
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo