Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#115-12-2011 18:33:08

Does

Flounderbout still come on here as i need a bit of free advice

#215-12-2011 18:47:26

Re: Does

I can offer free advice Rich...

#315-12-2011 18:48:38

yea but i bet it aint what i'm after tho Gra big_smile
How things with you

#415-12-2011 19:53:51

Icon - Post link stormforce wrote:

Hey Richard. How are you, mate?...........Want some free advice?...............Don't eat yellow snow!........ tongue .............

#515-12-2011 20:12:50

Icon - Post link MWS wrote:

Hey Richard. How are you, mate?...........Want some free advice?...............Don't eat yellow snow!........ tongue .............
Hi mate.Not to bad here apart from a new contract with work that i ain't happy with and was just after some advice from FB
Looks like i may end up looking for another job after xmas

#615-12-2011 20:46:59

he's still about rich, whats happening in work mate??

#715-12-2011 21:07:28

bloody new contract want me to do my 42.5 hours a week plus 2 saturday 5 hour shifts unpaid so thats 10 hours a month with out being paid for it

#815-12-2011 21:19:08

bloody new contract want me to do my 42.5 hours a week plus 2 saturday 5 hour shifts unpaid so thats 10 hours a month with out being paid for it
Fukkers! mad
I suppose they say that if you're not happy with it there's always Jonny Foreigner to take your place?

#915-12-2011 21:30:20

Hey Stormy.  Haven't been in much recently - have been a) very busy, and b) sulking at Bushwhacker's refusal to answer my pms next door... whistle
Employment law is not really my bag I'm afraid.  But what does your existing contract say, and how long does it last?  On what basis do they say you have to sign up to the new contract, or has your existing one run out?

#1015-12-2011 21:33:13

Sorry just seen your pm.  If your contract sets out your hours, and they want you to do extra hours that aren't in your contract, then legally you can tell them to whistle.  If they then get rid of you you are likely to have a pretty good claim for constructive dismissal I'd have thought. 
On the other hand, it depends how much you like/need this job.  It is one thing being able to claim from your employer, but it may not be as good as a continuing pay check...
sad

#1115-12-2011 21:48:02

Icon - Post link flounderbout wrote:

sulking at Bushwhacker's refusal to answer my pms next door... whistle
oops

In my defence, the PMs have been pinging my way in considerable quantity both here and next door.  whistle

I shall wade through them now, a reponse will be with you forthwithly! big_smile 

(Is forthwithly an actual word? blink )

#1215-12-2011 22:20:47

How can anyone expect you to do extra work for nothing?

#1315-12-2011 23:22:20

'Salaried position'

Easy

I've been lucky enough to gain a fairly big promotion which starts early next year. A pretty large payrise, but I won't get O/T, and it's likely I'll have to work some on occasion. There's plenty of reasons to just suck it up and get on with it in my case.

May not be the case for Stormy...

#1416-12-2011 08:13:34

Icon - Post link Bushwhacker wrote:

sulking at Bushwhacker's refusal to answer my pms next door... whistle
oops

In my defence, the PMs have been pinging my way in considerable quantity both here and next door.  whistle

I shall wade through them now, a reponse will be with you forthwithly! big_smile 

(Is forthwithly an actual word? blink )
big_smile Don't worry champ, I can see how busy you've been from the pics!  Would be good to try and get the 4x4 working before the snows hit though!

#1516-12-2011 17:56:14

i would personally go in on one of those saturdays, and sit on my back side and do nothing for the entire 5 hours, they can only send you home, and if they choose that to be a reason to lay you off you can then take them to a tribunal.

#1616-12-2011 18:27:50

Sorry just seen your pm.  If your contract sets out your hours, and they want you to do extra hours that aren't in your contract, then legally you can tell them to whistle.  If they then get rid of you you are likely to have a pretty good claim for constructive dismissal I'd have thought. 
On the other hand, it depends how much you like/need this job.  It is one thing being able to claim from your employer, but it may not be as good as a continuing pay check...
sad
cheers mate that's appreciated.I'll post up the section of contract about the hours etc so you can see anyway.
Thanks to the rest for your comments also
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo