Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#127-12-2011 14:00:21

Ski/Board clothing

hmm

Not content to cost us a fortune by going to Uni Katie has decided to make things worse by taking up snow boarding ...

She's got a chance to go snow boarding in the French Alps but will obviously need some proper clothing which throws up a minor problem - Jackie and I wouldn't recognise decent ski/board gear if it stood up and bit us !   We've had an eyeball through the usual high streets suspects (Blacks, Millets, Trespass, Oswald Bailey etc) and have seen lots of stuff that purports to be suitable but my natural cynicism is making me a bit twitchy.

The big question is - which (VALUE FOR MONEY !) brands are OK and which brands (Across the entire price spectrum) should be avoided like the plague ?

Cheers !

whistle

#227-12-2011 14:53:14

Re: Ski/Board clothing

scratch   shrug  shrug  shrug  scratch

Fecked if I know.............Helpful ain't I ?

devilish  devilish  devilish

Been there ,done that duh  orcspash  orcspash  some gear you buy for the label and pose value and some to do the job and the problem is sorting them out
It's striking the balance between what she wouldn't be seen dead in and what will do the job. I don't envy you

#327-12-2011 15:45:00

lol

Don't for one moment think that I'm putting myself in the middle - we've spent most of the last 19 years failing to buy clothes that she thinks are acceptable !     

What I'm trying to do is identify those labels that are OK and those that aren't - the final decision will be hers but it will be based upon what we can afford ...

whistle

#427-12-2011 16:03:37

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

but it will be based upon what we can afford ...
You allow them to spend above ten bob on owt? big_smile

#527-12-2011 16:29:58

lol

Only if it's a present for me or Jackie !

lol

#627-12-2011 18:20:50

get cheapy stuff, let her rent the real stuff when there perhaps?  smile

#727-12-2011 19:36:39

big_smile

Hire of all the hardware is included in the price except she's got to have her own helmet and goggles - it's purely the clothing that's creating the problem (Or to be more precise a certain madam wanting a suitcase full of labels regardless of whether they'll actually do the job !)

lol

#827-12-2011 19:55:29

#927-12-2011 21:51:27

hmm

Cheers all - looks like I'll be following a few links for a while and then trying to flog my arse to pay for all the stuff she'll want !

mad

#1027-12-2011 22:38:52

Good luck. Perhaps the GGT can help with, what sounds a HUGE Market for saggy, wrinkled , old mans arse.  big_smile

#1127-12-2011 22:53:34

hmm

OK Gra - where have you placed the camera ???

whistle
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo