Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#120-01-2012 16:05:57

I think I may have lost the plot......

I just turned down a full time Electrical Maintenance Engineers job (well interview anyway, but I work there one day a week doing exactly that at the moment to help out the guy doing it at the moment, so they know me well) at the worlds leading motorsport gearbox manufacturer.

roll

Thinking about it now, I may go and throw myself off the roof....

lol

#220-01-2012 16:34:02

Re: I think I may have lost the plot......

Stuff like that tends to become boring quickly when you're stuck with it rather than choosing when to do it though, which is likely why, (I'm guessing), you turned the position down? You're too used to being independant, big_smile (which is no bad thing, especially in these times).

#320-01-2012 18:29:47

Yup, thats the big reason, to be honest the thought of going back to monday to friday or sat, 8 - 5 (or whatever it is) after nearly 7 years of freedom is completely depressing. Even though they are a spectaculaly employee friendly firm.

On the other hand not having a mad panic of collecting every bit of cash lying around to pay the bills each month is also quite appealing.

To have money or to have freedom.......

lol

#421-01-2012 00:07:44

Freedom.  (and, before you start, you can all fuk off with your Braveheart pish) big_smile

#521-01-2012 03:58:13

Icon - Post link Albannach wrote:

Freedom.  (and, before you start, you can all fuk off with your Braveheart pish) big_smile
I take it we'd be hung, drawn and quartered for suggesting it? devilish

Icon - Post link TonyN wrote:

Yup, thats the big reason, to be honest the thought of going back to monday to friday or sat, 8 - 5 (or whatever it is) after nearly 7 years of freedom is completely depressing. Even though they are a spectaculaly employee friendly firm.

On the other hand not having a mad panic of collecting every bit of cash lying around to pay the bills each month is also quite appealing.

To have money or to have freedom.......

lol
Like Andy, I'd definitely go for the freedom bit. big_smile Money juggling is one of the downsides, but I'd rather cope with that than being tied down. Last time I ever came close to something vaguely resembling employee status, (working onsite as a contractor for several months), it did my nut in. Couldn't wait to get away from the place and start bringing the work here to sort instead. The steady cashflow is nice though. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. big_smile

#621-01-2012 13:36:13

As much as working for myself can be a pain..I'm not sure I could go back to 9-5..
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo