Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#108-02-2012 21:17:10

Hey Matt, YOOOOO HOOOOOO

i am in the process of setting up a website for my mothers new business, and i reckoned your advice may be useful....

https://www.register365.com

would the above be a good start for webhosting....

#208-02-2012 21:42:10

Re: Hey Matt, YOOOOO HOOOOOO

Not heard of that one, that I can recall, so couldn't personally say how good/bad they might be. There are a couple which I've heard mention of several times as being good, reliable hosts, but can't remember their names offhand. I'll dig the info out for you.

#308-02-2012 21:45:58

toooo late....   whistle 

just need to figure out how the hell to get this working....

#409-02-2012 10:14:17

You're supposed to ask *before* committing. big_smile Spec seems decent enough. With regards to the hosts reliability, that's one of those suck it and see things.

#509-02-2012 11:11:24

i may as well be looking into an engine block with regards to what i have to do now??? might need to seek further advice on how to set it up and install wordpress or whatever else may be a suitable bit of software,

#609-02-2012 15:52:17

am i better off choosing a linux or windows based hosting option???

#709-02-2012 23:47:45

Linux. You'll have the option of far more software.

#810-02-2012 09:56:58

cheers...

Final question.

What the easiest software for making a webpage... i am playing with word press at the moment.

#912-02-2012 11:16:24

For coding a webpage by hand, or a CMS for outputting webpages? If the latter, Wordpress should be fine. There are shedloads of different ones you could try, but Wordpress is supposedly simple enough to use, (never tried it personally), and has shedloads of available mods for additional functionality, so you're likely best sticking with that, unless you have specific needs.
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo