Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#110-02-2012 16:16:00

How muckin futch?

I've just had my insurance renewal quote from Online Direct.....................£2400  yikes  thats with full ncb, a clean license, I'm retired, and over 60. So I basically tick all the right boxes for cheaper insurance.So I gave them a call and told them no thanks  whistle
Three phone calls later I,m insured through Adrian Flux for £670 and that's with ncb protection which the other policy didn't have. The first two companies I called wouldn't insure grey imports so when I got to Flux and they gave me the quote I just said that will do and paid up before they changed their minds big_smile The chap at Flux's was stunned when I old him the quote I'd had.
I was quite proud of myself, I didn't tell the person I spoke to at Online to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, he was polite and fully understood that I wasn't interested and said they would be sending me my proof of no claims. If I could have spoken to the feckwit responsible for the quote that would have been an entirely different story devil  devil

Brummie

#210-02-2012 19:51:30

Re: How muckin futch?

combination of location, you're not in rural wiltshire instead the steaming metropolis of brum, perhaps the insurer wants rid of the vehicle type from its risk portfolio perhaps talking to SAGA for some crustacean insurance might have been a better idea........ whistle  i'll be off shall I.....

#310-02-2012 20:16:33

We have this shite every year, i'm 65 and also "tick all the right boxes" and still the soddin premium doubles or trebles each renewal, so it troll through the online quotes again, i always end up getting cover for about £250 or less,  it's just a numbers game to those c##ts, i work on the premis that if i have a smack it's gonna be a write off anyway so WTF pay through the nose,

#410-02-2012 20:36:28

Icon - Post link abecketts wrote:

combination of location, you're not in rural wiltshire instead the steaming metropolis of brum, perhaps the insurer wants rid of the vehicle type from its risk portfolio perhaps talking to SAGA for some crustacean insurance might have been a better idea........ whistle  i'll be off shall I.....
Twat big_smile Don't forget your coat

Brummie  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

PS Unfortunately I live in the heaviest loaded insurance area in the country 500yards away its a different post code and cheaper  sad

#510-02-2012 20:46:14

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

PS Unfortunately I live in the heaviest loaded insurance area in the country 500yards away its a different post code and cheaper  sad
great friday night abuse from the heart of English industry (or was), downside is they will start loading the premium as you move past 60.  All those years wanting to be over 25 to get decent insurance and then it rushes by and they get you again.  Why am I not in insurance sounds like legalised gambling to me.

So were not talking Harbourne or Edgbaston then as the chez brummie location then?

#611-02-2012 00:12:59

great friday night abuse from the heart of English industry (or was), downside is they will start loading the premium as you move past 60.  All those years wanting to be over 25 to get decent insurance and then it rushes by and they get you again.  Why am I not in insurance sounds like legalised gambling to me.

So were not talking Harbourne or Edgbaston then as the chez brummie location then?
No Yardley. The trouble is we get lumped in with insurance fraud central.  sad  sad  sad

#711-02-2012 09:53:08

No Yardley. The trouble is we get lumped in with insurance fraud central.  sad  sad  sad
just had a butchers on the map, I see what you mean
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo