Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#116-02-2012 17:14:27

Anyone else notice similarities...

between these two?

http://www.lathes.co.uk/myford%20mf74/img20.gif

and the lathe on this page:

http://lathes.co.uk/warwick

Apart from cosmetic differences on the slides and the headstock casting being different, that looks like the exact same bed and tailstock, (minus the riser block on the Myford tailstock), on both to me.

#216-02-2012 19:04:57

Re: Anyone else notice similarities...

apparantly "The customer could choose either a flat or V-belt drive to the three-speed, 0.5" bore spindle with its 1.125" x 12 t.p.i. thread Whilst the nose thread was the same as that employed on the Myford Series 7 lathes (ML7 and Super 7) the register (between thread and abutment face) was a little larger."  So, they're the same......but different  smile

#316-02-2012 19:39:18

And your point is?????????????????????

big_smile

#416-02-2012 19:41:42

Well i hope it aint near me!!! big_smile  whistle

#516-02-2012 20:47:10

They all need painting?

#616-02-2012 20:51:44

Icon - Post link Popeye wrote:

Well i hope it aint near me!!! big_smile  whistle
Honestly, you lot are a paranoid bunch. Anyone would think I was a sod for lumbering people with random bits of old tat... whistle big_smile

Icon - Post link Tintin wrote:

And your point is?????????????????????

big_smile
Wondering whom nicked whoms design. big_smile It started 'cos I noted there was a certain type of Myford on Ebay. Went to look at the info on it, and the first version of it, well bugger me if it weren't a Grayson/Warwick bed. So which one nicked the castings I starts wondering... big_smile

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

apparantly "The customer could choose either a flat or V-belt drive to the three-speed, 0.5" bore spindle with its 1.125" x 12 t.p.i. thread Whilst the nose thread was the same as that employed on the Myford Series 7 lathes (ML7 and Super 7) the register (between thread and abutment face) was a little larger."  So, they're the same......but different  smile
That's referring, in whole, to the inch or so of thread on the headstock spindle. big_smile

#716-02-2012 20:53:40

Icon - Post link Bushwhacker wrote:

They all need painting?
Sacrilege. big_smile That'd be like giving the Mona Lisa a perkier smile. big_smile

#816-02-2012 21:27:45

#916-02-2012 21:45:54

That does look sexy. big_smile Bet the reserve is a damned sight more than they've started it at though.
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo