Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#104-03-2012 18:54:09

Electric motor 240/250v?

My motor on a large bench drill's give up the ghost, any reccomendations as to a replacement?
a mate gave me the drill many years back but it had a 3 phase motor fitted, i managed to replace it with a 110v unit from an old drain clearing "electric eel" and it's worked well ever since, checked the obvious things like the fuse in the plug and that the 110 tranny's working ok so it definatly looks like the motors gone, the drill bit had jammed a few times prior to it going dead, so i assume it's done the winding in, there was no smoke etc, just went dead, been looking on ebay and there are a few, but i'm not too sure what to get, 1/4 hp or 1/2 hp or whatever!!

#204-03-2012 20:15:18

Re: Electric motor 240/250v?

The higher the hp, the more grunt it has if needed. 1/2 hp should be plenty and more unless you're drilling owt large. I'd try your local scrap merchants yard first though Ian. Motors are practically worthless to them unless they strip them, so you might likely pick one up for next to nowt.

#304-03-2012 20:37:42

Re: Electric motor 240/250v?

Good idea Matt, never thought of that, cheer's, must admit i'm lost without the big drill, the bugger went right in the middle of me drilling out the 7mm box section, think i've nearly ferked the hand drill as well, sad  all thats left is the B&Q hammer breaker type SDS, soddin heavy to handle and as it's B&Q i dont trust it for sustained use, the chuck adaptor ya get just wont seem to hold a drill bit, even with tapping the key tight with a hammer,
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo