Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#124-12-2014 22:44:45

Ho, ho, bleeding ho !

big_smile

Evening All !

Ain't it interesting how life gives you a reality check every now and then ?

I don't want ANY sympathy (OK I know I wouldn't get any anyway) but  I had a heart attack last Thu/Fri  I've since had an angiogram and shedloads of tests etc, not to mention needles in the stomach twice a day (Belly's bruised to buggery and black as Newgates Knocker !) Apparently my tubes are a bit furry but fortunately they reckon my heart's as strong as an ox so there's every chance that I'm going to be around for some considerable time yet - I'll also be off work for 6 weeks so expect shedloads of bollocks on here when it's all over.

I'm in reasonable shape and I'm currently sitting in the Cardiac Care Unit in Blazingsmoke waiting to be transferred to the Royal Brompton on Friday so I can have a triple bypass on Monday.

That is all !

cool

#224-12-2014 23:04:10

Re: Ho, ho, bleeding ho !

Get well soon Bob,

In the meantime you can track Santa as he heads over to deliver your pressies (xmas jumper, reindeer hat, sleigh bells etc)

http://www.noradsanta.org

#324-12-2014 23:16:54

That's what you get for buying another tin snail

And

A Ford 😂😂😂

#425-12-2014 00:36:46

crumbs, get well soon, good old nhs

#525-12-2014 03:12:00

Sorry to hear you'll be celebrating Christmas in hospital Bob. At least it was boxingday when I had my heart attack so I got to eat my Christmas dinner whistle 
Don't those injections feckin hurt!  You'd never think a little jab like those would hurt so much.  I've had to have two courses of them over the years. they don't get any less painful the second time around either  hmm
I don't know how much pain you are in as I didn't have a bypass just stents but when they put them in it was like having a switch for the pain turned off, one moment in pain next moment pain gone big_smile

All the best mate.
            Ian

#625-12-2014 07:44:37

big_smile

Fortunately I'm in no pain at all - YET ... 

I'm expecting to have a fair bit after they've split my sternum on Monday though  lol

The theory is that I'll be in better nick than I've been in for decades when it's all over - the timetable's op on Monday, 24 hrs ICU, rehab/physio starts as soon as I'm conscious, 6 days high dependency/normal ward then home. Total of 6 weeks off work & no driving, complete recovery by 13 weeks.

From my perspective it's a serious wake up call - my sweet tooth and complete lack of self control on the food/exercise front has got me into this position and it'll take a massive lifestyle change to keep me from repeating the exercise  lol

Interesting times ...

PS
Christmas started last night so Merry Christmas to one and all  devil

cool

#725-12-2014 11:23:20

Hey Bob...can I have your slippers?  big_smile

oh by the way. It's only 364 days till Christmas dinner!

#825-12-2014 12:04:38

And he gets a NHS one today  devilish

#925-12-2014 15:05:50

That'll put him off Christmas dinners for life. There probably are worse meals than hospital shite but thankfully I haven't found any. The thing is you cant tell them where to put it and go elsewhere, you're trapped.  sad

#1025-12-2014 17:22:11

Ah but you need to remember hospital meals are designed for a purpose - to be that bloody awful you will want to be out of hospital and home as quick as a possible - ie to free the bed for their next victim !

#1125-12-2014 17:40:14

Just walk down the corridors dressed as the Grim Reaper calling "Bring out your dead, Bring out your dead"
That'll get them up and out of bed  devil  devil  devil

#1225-12-2014 17:43:51

There's no need to be so melodramatic, there's a more pc way - sign up Dale Winton as a hospital visitor  lol

#1325-12-2014 19:11:33

He only wants to get them up and out of bed not running like feck for the hills   devilish   devilish

#1425-12-2014 19:29:11

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

He only wants to get them up and out of bed not running like feck for the hills   devilish   devilish
It could be argued that if they can run like feck, then they are ready to vacate their bed (that will save the NHS millions, but then again barring MPs from their services will no likewise - hmm Dale to visit MPs anyone ?  big_smile

#1525-12-2014 20:30:45

Cheers all !

I just knew I could rely on you smile

#1625-12-2014 20:52:38

You're very welcome Robert  big_smile

We'll have you in stitches in no time ....  whistle  whistle

#1725-12-2014 20:59:09

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

We'll have you in stitches in no time ....  whistle  whistle
Now you've done it, he'll be doing embroidery to hang in Matt's hole !  lol

#1825-12-2014 21:05:01

What they get up to in their own time is their business and no one else's  whistle  whistle  devilish

#1925-12-2014 21:06:51

Speaking of the GGT, where is he?
He's been Very very quiet lately.

Has he been preparing the reindeer?

#2025-12-2014 21:15:27

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

Speaking of the GGT, where is he?
He's been Very very quiet lately.
I reckon his boss (her indoors)  got him busy doing Christmas Decorating, as a result he's in rehab !

don't mention baubles or he will sob endlessly whilst becoming a quivering wreck  whistle

#2125-12-2014 21:49:08

When did we get the shiny green squares then?

#2225-12-2014 21:53:43

When you get polishing !!! [washes mouth out]

#2326-12-2014 13:51:44

Best wishes for a new lifestyle in 2015 then Bobster.

#2426-12-2014 14:44:08

I would of thought the GGT would of been on to say hello.Not much of a forum leader is he if he can't even do that single task

#2526-12-2014 14:59:20

GGT must have fallen in the hole he has in the back yard, or Dawn has dragged him away  lol
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo