Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#129-01-2015 16:16:01

Quango's

So the new car tax/change of ownership is working as well as can be expected by any government body then.  mad

Sold a car privately, so tax is immediately cancelled.
Sent off log book with new owner details on it.
Swapped insurance to new vehicle.
Today get a letter from MID telling me I'm being taken to court for using an uninsured vehicle which isn't SORN (the old one)  mad
Tells me to either declare it off road or advise DVLA of change of ownership. It's been a week since it was sold so DVLA are still processing ownership.
So now if you sell privately I suppose we need to declare the vehicle SORN as well as cancelling insurance because some jobs worth is trying to boost his government backed bonus !!!

What was wrong with the old system?

#229-01-2015 16:21:00

Re: Quango's

hmm

This sounds like the start of a new crime wave and should be stamped on firmly !

I'm writing to my MP and canvassing his support for a mandatory 5 year sentence for the first offence

whistle

#329-01-2015 16:41:46

Talk about jumping the gun
Suppose it's designed to take work off our "hard working" police force, you know, driving around in a BMW looking for a driver doing something they don't like ...... Such as driving about minding their own business ...it's really stressful.

#429-01-2015 18:17:35

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

hmm

This sounds like the start of a new crime wave and should be stamped on firmly !

I'm writing to my MP and canvassing his support for a mandatory 5 year sentence for the first offence

whistle
Can't we bring back Corporal Punishment or the Death Sentence ?  whistle

#529-01-2015 21:25:13

Icon - Post link That_Ruddy_Squirrel wrote:

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

hmm

whistle
Can't we bring back Corporal Punishment or the Death Sentence ?  whistle
Careful you'll be having Gra drooling and putting his mask on again gasmask . You know how long it takes to calm him down  devil

#629-01-2015 21:38:27

oh er - I forgot how many complaints we got from the local sheep farmers !

#729-01-2015 21:53:39

Well just be careful, try to get those two brain cells of yours working before you open your mouth next time   sofa  tease

rofl  rofl

#805-02-2015 13:13:39

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

Well just be careful, try to get those two brain cells of yours working before you open your mouth next time   sofa  tease

rofl  rofl
like that's ever going to happen, if you think taxing your car is going to be taxing try the new rural payments agency scheme, the previous scheme which has run reasonably well for the last 5 years has been replaced by one designed to really fry your brains.  Instead of taking across the "customer data" to the new system the rpa now want you to re-register and spend 30 minutes online and talking to experian to verify you exist and then link your account to your land agent, such fun.

#905-02-2015 14:55:55

Any time you see "new and improved" attached to anything you know its fecked.
As for government agencies you know that the only reasons they have to alter things is to make it more difficult for the average person to access. They hope that people will either make a mistake and they can deny payment or just give up trying to jump through the requisite hoops in the correct order. Either way they don't have to pay out or at worst because all the hoops haven't been jumped through pay only a fraction of the amount one should receive................. Bastards rant

#1005-02-2015 16:13:25

As for government agencies you know that the only reasons they have to alter things is to make it more difficult for the average person to access. They hope that people will either make a mistake and they can deny payment or just give up trying to jump through the requisite hoops in the correct order. Either way they don't have to pay out or at worst because all the hoops haven't been jumped through pay only a fraction of the amount one should receive................. Bastards rant
"new and improved" such a wonderful term....

#1105-02-2015 19:29:15

I  guess that makes all us here as old and unimproved  lol

#1205-02-2015 20:30:40

Icon - Post link That_Ruddy_Squirrel wrote:

I  guess that makes all us here as old and unimproved  lol
I prefer unrefined as in not finished with, but Bob has had some serious work of late so perhaps he is evolving?

#1305-02-2015 21:32:56

Evolving, or devolved ?  whistle

Haven't heard how his exercising is going or not  roll

#1406-02-2015 09:12:34

tongue

I'm certainly improving, walking is getting nearer to normal speed and Tuesdays review said I can drive and even go back to work on the 16th however I only drove the car twice on Wednesday and started getting a few 'clicks' from my sternum so I've got to take it easy for a while - back to having a chauffeur ...

BTW it appears that today is Christmas Day chez Taylor - hopefully they won't be expecting me to cook this year !

cool

#1506-02-2015 12:55:16

'Aint' it a bitch having to rely on being chauffeured about. If you're like me its not being driven about it's not being able to go where I want as and when I want  sad

As for the clicks you haven't over-wound the replacement clockwork pump they fitted have you?

sofa I'll get my coat big_smile  big_smile

#1606-02-2015 13:43:14

lol

Nah - my sternum was knitting back together OK but the little bit of driving has 'loosened' things off a tad  sad

Shit happens !

cool

#1706-02-2015 13:58:55

Of course shit happens, but why are we always at "ground zero" when it lands?  hmm

#1806-02-2015 18:25:13

Of course shit happens, but why are we always at "ground zero" when it lands?  hmm
At Ground Zero ? don't you mean under the seat with a hole in it ? sofa

#1907-02-2015 00:40:28

No ground zero. You being a tree rodent can get under the seat but us humans are too big  devilish

#2007-02-2015 08:33:58

No ground zero. You being a tree rodent can get under the seat but us humans are too big  devilish
If that was the case 2 things would have happened.....................

a) I'd be a BROWN squirrel

b) you would have HIGH pitched voices - squirrels love biting nuts remember !

#2107-02-2015 08:47:58

Brummie has no nuts ......

Allegedly 😘😘

#2207-02-2015 09:21:26

Well we know he has no spine sofa

#2308-02-2015 12:24:51

Normal service resumed then!!  lol

#2408-02-2015 13:00:54

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

Normal service resumed then!!  lol
Normal ????

you cannot mean here ! well at least while we have brummie and abecketts  whistle

I mean what's normal about them 2 ??  devilish

#2508-02-2015 13:14:07

We're human not rodents for starters  whistle
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo