Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#108-12-2015 08:58:56

Oh dear....

Well
Now that I'm retired, it looks like I'm going to be clogging up the byways and highways of Britain and Europe

Not a caravan but an oversized motorhome.... That'll probably drag itself along at 55....

Just got to find a parking space for it and dispose of the Corsa...and the BMW...and the two s14s that are currently residing rent free  mad

#208-12-2015 11:36:27

Re: Oh dear....

Keep the Corsa you'll need a small car to tow behind you with an "A" frame (Toad)so you can leave the motorised shed on site when you want to go to the supermarket or visit somewhere local to where you are.  hmm

Last edited by Brummie (08-12-2015 12:02:45)

#326-01-2016 19:25:53

So, after some failed attempts, we've finally decided on this thing....

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr278/monkfish/image_zpshflwaxpo.jpeg

From a dealer, warranty, mot/tax and lots of bits and bobs to get us underway.
I gave him a list of things I want doing and he's accepted that, so just sit back and wait now.....

#426-01-2016 19:30:49

With that front bumper and rad area you are now the proud owner of the 4 wheel version of Bruce Forsyth  lol

Watch out when going into car parks, your height might prevent you from getting under barriers !

#526-01-2016 20:16:56

Icon - Post link That_Ruddy_Squirrel wrote:

With that front bumper and rad area you are now the proud owner of the 4 wheel version of Bruce Forsyth  lol

Watch out when going into car parks, your height might prevent you from getting under barriers !
It certainly will.......but that prevents the "quick shopping" that women seem prone to...

#626-01-2016 20:40:44

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

It certainly will.......but that prevents the "quick shopping" that women seem prone to...
no chance !!!

Mankind has failed in all attempts to prevent 'quick shopping'

They got 'Quick shopping' in return for their parking ability  lol

#726-01-2016 20:43:40

hmm

If my crystal ball hadn't been in the workshop for calibration in late 2014 we'd have got a motorhome instead of replacing the Surf & caravan sad

Motorhomes need a different mentality to caravans but the boss would have learnt to plan after the first few walks to the shops to get the bits she forgot to load   devilish

whistle

#826-01-2016 22:06:32

What car are you gong to drag behind you on an 'A'frame so you don't have to pack everything away and disconnect every time you want to go off site?

Guess who had one?  hmm  If you are moving on every couple of days a motorhome makes sense. If not being able to just lock up and leave more than compensates for the pain of towing a tin snail    smile  smile

#926-01-2016 22:18:21

Apparently the idea is to keep moving around. Use the "free" overnight stops available to motorcaravanny Brum brum thingies......or rough camping as its also known

Leave it alone during school holidays, can't be doing with squawking kiddies on campsites nowadays  smile

#1026-01-2016 23:50:33

When we had our one the kids were just about in school so it was weekends and a couple of weeks in the school holidays for us . Mind you it was great for going fishing. I could leave at stupid-o-clock and fish through to cant see. With cooker and fridge food and drink was no problem. I could knock off for a couple of hours at midday for a long lunch while the fish weren't biting and cook myself a fry up before going home. The fridge kept the beer cold too  whistle

#1127-01-2016 19:51:24

hmm

Wild camping is illegal in England - the Sweaties are OK with it though !

In France they have summat called an Aire de Camping which is strictly for use by motorhomes only and they're FREE (although they'll probably charge for electricity if they provide it)

Not that I'm trying to encourage you to bugger off over the Channel  devilish

cool

#1227-01-2016 20:51:04

If you go to froggyland make sure you lock and electrify the door locks to prevent getting passengers on the trip back !

#1327-01-2016 23:46:07

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

hmm

In France they have summat called an Aire de Camping which is strictly for use by motorhomes only and they're FREE (although they'll probably charge for electricity if they provide it)

cool
There are lots being set up here too, mostly pub carparks, but some councils are doing it.
Lots in Wales and the borders, Midlands, in fact right up to Scotland (where there are only two shown) even Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man have them. We shall experiment and report back in due course.

They also have some in Yorkshire.....but I'd be worried about the wheels going missing.....

#1427-01-2016 23:48:19

If you go to froggyland make sure you lock and electrify the door locks to prevent getting passengers on the trip back !
Apparently their trick (and Spain too) is to inject some sort of sleeping gas whilst you are sleeping and then break in

This ones got an alarm for that......not that we'd hear it of course.... sad

#1528-01-2016 00:41:39

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

hmm

cool
There are lots being set up here too, mostly pub carparks, but some councils are doing it.
Lots in Wales and the borders, Midlands, in fact right up to Scotland (where there are only two shown) even Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man have them. We shall experiment and report back in due course.

They also have some in Yorkshire.....but I'd be worried about the wheels going missing.....
I thought Liverpool was the other side of the pennines to yorkshire  whistle

#1628-01-2016 18:54:53

lol

I daresay you're not particularly interested in whisky but a number of the distilleries in Jockland allow you to stay in their car parks overnight if you've participated in one of their tours/tastings  whistle

cool

#1728-01-2016 20:58:52

Now there's an idea...... big_smile

#1828-01-2016 21:19:29

big_smile

Speyside festival 28th Apr- 2nd May 2016

whistle

#1931-01-2016 18:28:59

Well, that was dumb

Home alone Friday night I foolishly looked at motorhomes for sale locally.

Found one up the road....same type.....two years younger, half the mileage, same price.... neutral

So went and saw it, bloody good nick...better than the first.....offered them a lot less for it and they've accepted the offer  smile

Now got a call the dealer and hope I get my deposit back (HPI check showed mileage was 240000 instead of 24000) so I'm going to push him on that.

#2031-01-2016 19:59:27

Good luck  thumbs

#2108-02-2016 08:37:57

Starting to believe in divine intervention...
Went to pick up the van last week (owner had been away and we wanted to speak to him prior to paying anything)......they had found the electrics trip switch was fried, so had to get an electrician out.
Now that's fixed, so we'll collect today.......now we have hurricane force winds and horizontal rain, also the bank told us today that they've halved the amount you can transfer from your account.
So try again tomorrow then  sad

Think we're not meant to have one

#2208-02-2016 12:58:19

Starting to believe in divine intervention...
Went to pick up the van last week (owner had been away and we wanted to speak to him prior to paying anything)......they had found the electrics trip switch was fried, so had to get an electrician out.
Now that's fixed, so we'll collect today.......now we have hurricane force winds and horizontal rain, also the bank told us today that they've halved the amount you can transfer from your account.
So try again tomorrow then  sad

Think we're not meant to have one
That's good of them, not only they don't pay interest on your money they also decide how and when you can spend it. Bankers  tosser F U C K I N G  and burning is too good for them rant

#2308-02-2016 19:12:04

Good news from the bank in the post

Our new savings rates.....0.75% on £25000 and over.... hmm

Really?

Oh! And the bad news....your interest is dropping from 0.5% to 0.25% from April  neutral

Good job my money is invested elsewhere then...

#2408-02-2016 20:27:54

And wait for the kicker - the bustards will want to add bank charges equal to 1%

#2509-02-2016 17:33:06

So today we called the bank to make a second transfer for the van thing....
An Asian person picked up the call.....bad start
Couldn't get his computer to work
Couldn't understand how we've been with the bank since 1970....something
Couldn't understand the wife's birthdate......in short couldn't do sweet FA!
After half an hour getting nowhere we asked, nay demanded, a manager....not available
So we hung up and prepared to go to the branch and light the proverbial blue touch paper, but....
SWMBO decided to phone once more....English type person....apologised profusely.....made the transfer, excellent.....

Called the owner to tell them to check their end....could take two hours of course...
Went for fuel....card not working.....blocked
Phone call from owner (now an hour after transfer) No money in their account
Called bank, money left our account.....so where is it???

"We're holding it, because there's a stop on your account"......the Asian "gentleman" being unable to understand English thought he'd detected a fraud and blocked our account.....took another 45 mins to sort out and £5.00 phone credit

Guess who's gonna be changing banks in the near future?
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo