Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#104-01-2017 18:35:22

The Grand Tour

So today we've come 250 miles down (750 since leaving home) and west to a village just past Poitiers.
Despite being told to give us a fast route Nastily brought us along single lane  (not wide duel carriageways) which were nice....
Quite quiet
Passed through some picturesque villages..... Most looked like they'd been used for Christmas cards, all white with frost and wood smoke drifting from the chimneys. Looked lovely, but even driving past we could feel the cold, being France every road has been salted, so no problems driving. The woods/forests along the road looked like they had all their flowers in full bloom (white flowers)
Anyway, tonight's stop isn't anything to write about really
Small village
Car park
Three or four water taps
Toilets
8 free electric hookups.

Silly me, almost forgot, we got to drive on part of the Le mans 24 hour track still got all the raised racing curbs in place
Shame it's a 56mph limit
And it's only two straights

But we've don't it 😄😄

#204-01-2017 21:37:29

Re: The Grand Tour

hmm

A free overnight with power and toilets is nothing to write home about ?

You'd really start moaning if they charged you  whistle

devil

#305-01-2017 07:23:28

Yes but a towed tin snail would cost €19 and have to use a campsite

#405-01-2017 13:22:28

morepics

In fact any pics would do

#505-01-2017 15:06:17

Icon - Post link abecketts wrote:

morepics

In fact any pics would do
You want pics of a tin snail and a toilet ....... I think the holiday period has got to your senses.

#605-01-2017 15:41:04

1000 miles from home now
Crossing to Spain tomorrow, no time for pics (especially when you have o upload to one server to place it on here)

#706-01-2017 18:09:34

Today dawned early
And VERY frosty (had to de ice the headlights)
After we thawed out we made our move, got French bread (2 for 1 offer ) and started. Google and nastily both agreed just under 3 hours, but totally different routes, google used motorway (tolls) nastily (the SatNav)took us up over the Pyrenees.
The route, I'm sure, was very picturesque but as there was thick freezing fog most of the way I can't comment When we emerged from the gloom we were starting the steeper climb up to one of the passes into Spain, what a difference as we emerged into the sun. You can't relax at all on the climb, the road has 180 degree bends to get you up a sheer face, so it's 2nd-3rd gear all the way up, rising to just over 2000mtr where there's a building that looks like a church with a bell outside. I think it's on or the end of a pilgrims trail but didn't read anything, just grabbed a couple of pics and avoided the eagles or vultures whatever they were

Then down the Spanish side in glorious sunshine, no frost but a biting wind and we've arrived at our overnight stop. Pamplona.
Know what it's famous for?
Tell you tomorrow, if I remember

#806-01-2017 18:36:48

hmm

Pity it's not July - it's a great time to walk through the streets there  whistle

cool

#906-01-2017 20:55:25

Sounds like bullpoo to me  wink
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo