Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#101-03-2018 07:04:35

Snow

I see that Wiltshire is facing chaos as a light dusting of snow covers the ground this morning.  So glad all I need do is put the fire on and chill for the day.  On the plus side it’s doing wonders for the vines.

#202-03-2018 08:27:34

Re: Snow

Well there does appear to be some Choas in wilts and we are not talking of Bio's wind

Apparently the A303 is blocked near to the Solstice services and there are 100s of unhappy campers !

It has to be said though, with the warnings given what were the muppets doing driving there last night ?

#302-03-2018 12:58:45

Yes A303 at Amesbury and Mere is a bit of a problem, roads round here haven’t really been treated but you do have to ask why people keep driving through it.

#402-03-2018 19:49:56

It's madness, there were enough warnings of Emma arriving from Portugal and that it would hit the South West with loads of snow.

Clearly Kelloggs must have been giving away licences on Corn Flake packets  roll

And, of course, the shops have emptied by those who expect World war 3 to break out and they need to stock up their bunkers !

Seriously hope you guys down there are ok (rare sight of me being concerned - normal service will soon be resumed)

Trev

#503-03-2018 12:22:41

Thanks Trev
We escaped from Portugal Monday morning as the storm was approaching....14 days of rain, thunder and high winds forecast moving east to Spain.
The best place was/is Cartagena area....still a bit of wind but 17-20c here 😎
Spain isn't used to so much rain.....and snow.....in one year I don't think, warnings to rough campers NOT to park on dried up river beds.....they've now got raging torrents flowing down them 🌊. The northern coasts have been hit with high tides and high winds....and high rainfall.

But don't fear we're just fine down here...in the sun....drinking wine...and beer....and cake πŸ˜„

#603-03-2018 13:59:52

Icon - Post link meooo wrote:

Thanks Trev
We escaped from Portugal Monday morning as the storm was approaching....14 days of rain, thunder and high winds forecast moving east to Spain.
Spain isn't used to so much rain.....and snow.....in one year I don't think, warnings to rough campers NOT to park on dried up river beds.....they've now got raging torrents flowing down them 🌊. The northern coasts have been hit with high tides and high winds....and high rainfall.

But don't fear we're just fine down here...in the sun....drinking wine...and beer....and cake πŸ˜„
Sounds awful, can't imagine how you are coping.......

#703-03-2018 15:39:23

Icon - Post link abecketts wrote:

Thanks Trev

Sounds awful, can't imagine how you are coping.......
The poor old sod is struggling :-)

#803-03-2018 17:20:37

True, it's a hard life....😎

#915-03-2018 10:54:04

We we start our return tomorrow
Long run up to the Pyrenees for our last night in Spain
Problem... after the heat and Sun we've had this last 3 months there's snow forecast abov 500mtr and overnight temps in France are down to -7c
Think we're gonna notice the difference 😳

#1015-03-2018 19:46:09

lol

Serves you right - you should have stayed there until June !

devil

#1115-03-2018 20:11:33

We are under yellow warnings for snow this weekend - we can tell you are returning :-)

#1216-03-2018 17:53:30

We made it to the foothills of the Pyrenees for our overnight stop
Glorious sunshine and very warm
It's the French side that appears to be bloody cold

#1316-03-2018 20:19:22

We made it to the foothills of the Pyrenees for our overnight stop
Glorious sunshine and very warm
It's the French side that appears to be bloody cold
Give yourself another week and the shock won't be as bad temperature wise

#1417-03-2018 16:12:56

Arrived in France
Mountains are largely free of white stuff and it's been sunny here today
Looks like our home county is about to get dumped on tonight/tomorrow

#1517-03-2018 16:20:56

It's been a case of flurries through out the day here in deepest darkest Surrey

#1617-03-2018 17:49:41

Got light rain now but still quite warm
Won't need the heater tonight πŸ˜€

#1717-03-2018 18:22:02

I'm keeping warm by snuggling up in the Freezer  whistle

#1818-03-2018 07:00:41

We actually have snow, it has snowed all night and shows no signs of stopping, there must be all of 3 inches out there.  Of course that means the shops will empty and folks will panic buy. So if you haven’t made it back up through France delay til Tuesday when we will be snow free or wait another 2 weeks until shops have food again.....

#1918-03-2018 17:59:44

Would you like us to make up some emergency parcels for everyone? πŸ˜„

#2018-03-2018 18:24:42

Oh great, you arre going to bring us some warmth and sunshine :-)  cool

#2118-03-2018 20:13:49

Yes . a'beccets will need French bread and pastries.  Also Bree and camembert.  He will also want any other French delicacies. Including a bulk delivery of Escardo.

#2218-03-2018 21:25:45

Icon - Post link Bio Hazard wrote:

Yes . a'beccets will need French bread and pastries.  Also Bree and camembert.  He will also want any other French delicacies. Including a bulk delivery of Escardo.
Just some pomerol please and perhaps some comte

#2319-03-2018 06:41:32

Can you bring some pickled Garlic for Bio ?

Last edited by That_Ruddy_Squirrel (19-03-2018 07:45:42)

#2419-03-2018 19:01:35

Icon - Post link That_Ruddy_Squirrel wrote:

Trev I like pickled garlic. I eat about 6 cloves a day.

#2519-03-2018 19:35:36

Icon - Post link Bio Hazard wrote:

Icon - Post link That_Ruddy_Squirrel wrote:

Trev I like pickled garlic. I eat about 6 cloves a day.
Aka squirrel repellent.. ..........  whistle
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo