Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#130-11-2009 10:47:21

I have a new computler on the way..

So stand by for all sorts of stupid questions, followed by an absence.... roll  First question, Can I copy firefox over on to the new one with the bookmarks intact?  Also, how do I move My pictures over? Last one for now, Why is it important that the new one has 7 windows?

#230-11-2009 10:51:55

Re: I have a new computler on the way..

You should be able to copy the folder onto a usb stick or similar, and I think that Firefox stores all your bookmarks/favourites in a folder, so you shouldn't lose anything.....need a hand?

#330-11-2009 10:58:55

Icon - Post link MudSurfer wrote:

You should be able to copy the folder onto a usb stick or similar, and I think that Firefox stores all your bookmarks/favourites in a folder, so you shouldn't lose anything.....need a hand?
...Probably... wink  I'll have a go though... Almost wish I hadn't throw the spare monitor out now, that might have been handy....
If I plug my ipod into the new one, will it copy the files to the comp, or wipe the ipod?

#430-11-2009 11:02:22

Hmmmm - good one - you should (I stress should) be able to see the ipod as a disk, rather than it trying to do anything else, just don't install iTunes on the new PC just yet, otherwise it may try to wipe it - just make sure that you copy the music folder over too....

#530-11-2009 13:37:45

The export tool available from M$'s site should allow you to transfer all of your setting, documents etc across Charlie.

#630-11-2009 15:17:27

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

The export tool available from M$'s site should allow you to transfer all of your setting, documents etc across Charlie.
Oh that sounds handy... I'm off for a look...

#730-11-2009 15:19:03

I'm not sure if this is the correct one or not:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features

#830-11-2009 15:28:43

Just found the same thing! That sounds quite straightforward, so far.... I was anticipating all sorts of bother with different O/S, Hard drives, and things like that there.. Cheers that man. big_smile

#930-11-2009 16:47:10

Charlie, this new computer . Did you go to shop and actually swap ... Cash.... For it?

#1030-11-2009 17:39:27

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

Charlie, this new computer . Did you go to shop and actually swap ... Cash.... For it?
What, My cash? Good Lord no! I had a little windfall... (that is not the same as dropping your bat, before you ask... big_smile )

#1130-11-2009 18:38:20

Icon - Post link chillitt wrote:

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

What, My cash? Good Lord no! I had a little windfall... (that is not the same as dropping your bat, before you ask... big_smile )
Excellent  big_smile

#1230-11-2009 18:48:20

Icon - Post link chillitt wrote:

What, My cash? Good Lord no!
Good to hear. It sounded like you were losing your touch for a moment there. big_smile
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo