Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#106-12-2009 12:10:40

Blowing up My Surf.....

hey people i am throwing this out for any bits of abuse / advice.....

i am trying to get more oomph out of my 2.4 surf, (i know buy a 3.0l) but i like a challenge,

would putting in larger injectors be of any benifit, i have already an intercooler ready to be fitted, and tried the spacer trick on the waste gate as seen here >>> http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite

so now i am open to any suggestions from your guys, i am not aiming for wheelies in my truck just the vain hope i might overteake a 1lt wonder someday.....

BTW, all this will be carried out over Xmas holidays once i am reversing again....  whistle

#206-12-2009 12:16:33

Re: Blowing up My Surf.....

Reconditioning the injectors may make a difference. Fitting a different type won't. There are various little tweaks which will add up, but nothing will drastically change the way it behaves.

1) Tweak the adjuster on the top of the I.P.
2) Intercooler.
3) Full flow air intake.
4) Block/remove E.G.R.
5) Wastegate mod.

Those are the possibles which spring to mind offhand.

#306-12-2009 12:17:14

open up the fueling on the f.i.p

#406-12-2009 12:19:11

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

Reconditioning the injectors may make a difference. Fitting a different type won't. There are various little tweaks which will add up, but nothing will drastically change the way it behaves.

1) Tweak the adjuster on the top of the I.P.               will try when i get reverse again
2) Intercooler.                                                             IN THE PROCESS
3) Full flow air intake.                                                  HAVE INDUCTION KIT
4) Block/remove E.G.R.                                                APPEARS TO BE DONE
5) Wastegate mod.                                                     DONE

Those are the possibles which spring to mind offhand.

#506-12-2009 12:37:08

Remove unwanted weight ie carpets..... rofl

#606-12-2009 12:39:05

Only drive DOWN hills  lol

#706-12-2009 12:45:00

well the mo it has 2 gearboxes, one in the boot and one underneath, would changing my tyres to normal road tyres from my 31"mts make any difference???

#806-12-2009 13:40:08

Tbh bob, not a lot. With a 2.4 you generally have got the optimum performance . The best mod IMHO is an intercooler

#906-12-2009 13:57:09

thats my thinking, am only just seeing what i can get, the filipino tuners down the road from me reckon to go for a twin turbo supra engine 2JZ-GTE tongue

#1006-12-2009 13:58:14

Icon - Post link gwh200 wrote:

Tbh bob, not a lot. With a 2.4 you generally have got the optimum performance . The best mod IMHO is an intercooler
Totally wrong Gra....
the best improvement will be gained by giving Vince 2 grand and your truck for a few weeks.
other than that forget it! devilish

Alan

#1106-12-2009 14:00:20

Icon - Post link Tintin wrote:

Totally wrong Gra....
the best improvement will be gained by giving Vince 2 grand and your truck for a few weeks.

Alan
Awright al... Yup totally correct. lol

( still on for the 29th I hope)

#1206-12-2009 14:02:32

as i said i dont want wheelies just to be able to over take a fiesta tongue

#1306-12-2009 14:06:54

I'm afraid overtaking fiestas will require you giving bushwhacker next 4 months mortgage  lol

#1406-12-2009 14:07:37

you mean next 2 months RENT

#1506-12-2009 14:42:13

done all the above mods mentioned and it does make a difference, not earth shattering but a bloody site better than is was when i bought it, i'd definatly reccomend recon injectors, it the one thing i've yet to get round to, i thought someone mentioned "uprated" injectors ages ago but not sure,

#1606-12-2009 14:47:09

someone said bigger injectors too me...
so i dont know... but at least i have my to do list now...

#1706-12-2009 14:54:45

hmm

I think the 'modified/uprated' injectors were for use in engines running veg oil ...

big_smile

#1806-12-2009 15:05:35

Totally wrong Gra....

Alan

Yes mate, will be at home over the hols by the look of it.

#1906-12-2009 15:06:51

Icon - Post link Predictable Bob wrote:

I think the 'modified/uprated' injectors were for use in engines running veg oil ...
Yup. smile The spray pattern and pressure are altered slightly to compensate for the difference in viscosity, if I recall. For running straight derv, they wouldn't make piss all difference.

#2006-12-2009 15:10:28

Totally wrong Gra....

Alan

Yes mate, will be at home over the hols by the look of it.
Cool. Me too.
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo