Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#106-04-2010 11:30:41

electromeget

any one know the ratio between  how many volts can be used  to the length wire used?

it needs to be bang on . the higher the volts i can use the better for what i need

the magnet will be 2m long by 0.5m wide
i can get it up to any voltage from 12v to 240v
wire is not a problem get that anywhere but lenght is
i understand how  an elctromegnet is made and so on but i dont know the ratio for volts and lenght of the wire coils?
any of you boffs know owt

ohh its going to be portable too whistle

#206-04-2010 16:22:59

Re: electromeget

Well you can apply a current up to the maximum capacity of the load carrying medium. When considering an electromagnetic application, if using the B.ds integral. This will give you the magnetic flux at any point on the line of reference. Just remember that the magnetic flux will be perpendicular to the flow of current. Consider this when forming the lode. It may end up dictating the direction of the winding, relevant to your particular application.

#306-04-2010 16:23:55

Mind you, I wouldn't apply electricity from the mains. You'll just end up killing yourself.

You don't require a huge amount of current to make a strong electromagnet either.
By the B.ds integral, you can show a massive increase in tesla's for a small current application.

Last edited by gwh200 (06-04-2010 16:26:21)

#406-04-2010 18:54:58

iam not doing it from the mains tiz from the truck
its just planning it right first
then i'll get the tackel and finsh this part of mi projected

have you any idea what volts they use at the scrap yards to pick cars up?
and iam i right in thinking by dropping the volts  the power of the magnet dropps too?

cheers gra wink

#506-04-2010 21:42:28

#606-04-2010 22:53:51

Rail gun? big_smile

#706-04-2010 22:54:50

nice 1 matt
silly me it never crossed my mind to look there
some bugger has been messing with my settings i did not think of google coz its gone off mi tool bar mad
cheers tho maff

#807-04-2010 10:42:35

whistle

http://www.youtube.com/watch

That's a good use for a rail gun ...

devilish
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo