Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#110-11-2010 22:01:55

Having Fun

Rendering the kitchen walls so they can be tiled.The walls are just painted granite so you can imagine how uneven they are.The walls are being tiled using marble tiles and then i got the floor to do after.I got to rip up the old ceramic floor tiles and then i got to lay new natural stone tiles.

#210-11-2010 22:07:07

Re: Having Fun

dont forget your goggles,  i thought bio would have hilighted your elf and safety duties already

#310-11-2010 22:10:08

nah he don't need to point that out cause i'm a h&s rep myself anyway,but i don't care as long as the job is a goodun... wink  whistle

#410-11-2010 22:13:52

Icon - Post link stormforce wrote:

Rendering the kitchen walls so they can be tiled.The walls are just painted granite so you can imagine how uneven they are.The walls are being tiled using marble tiles and then i got the floor to do after.I got to rip up the old ceramic floor tiles and then i got to lay new natural stone tiles.
One of the downsides of having a windfall mate. lol

#510-11-2010 22:20:06

you can say that again Vince.One good thing by doing it thought and that it will be easier for cleaning.Stone walls are a bloody nightmare to keep clean.It will look ok when done though.I could do with finding someone good at metal work now to make a big cooker hood which will finsh off the kitchen and range cooker

#611-11-2010 08:56:56

I spent last week drylining walls in my living room.
The combination of block, brick and cheese make the house cold.
In the front room of our house is a huge window and below the wall is basically 2x2 frame
with shiplap on the outside and what appears to be fibre board on the inside with a tar backed
paper between.
I still got to do a bit of bonding before the real plasterer comes to make it look nice.
I hate rendering and anything that involves trowels and floats but monies dictate that i
do the fit and get a man in to do the finish.

#711-11-2010 09:27:56

the rendering i'm ok at but i can't plaster to save my life.The render above the wall tiles wont be smooth any way as i want it to look a bit like the stone is just painted but it will be easier to keep clean.Around the cooker the tiles will be floor to ceiling to make it look better plus to keep clean.
Just getting the wall flat enough to just put the tiles on is a job and half as some places the render is over 1" thich.It will all look good once finished though.
We were going to move  but as i never got quite enough compo we are spending money on doing this house up and stay here for a few more years

#811-11-2010 10:45:46

When i did the kitchen me brother came over to plaster and said "go on you have a go".
Well all i can say is i was so crap i had to go and buy another bag of plaster cause i wasted
so much on the floor........ could not believe how runny he had it and he made it look so easy...bastard.

Good luck and just think of the brownie points from her in doors when she gets a nice kitchen......

#911-11-2010 11:19:32

Icon - Post link Paul1566 wrote:

Good luck and just think of the brownie points from her in doors when she gets a nice kitchen......
Too true, a nice new bathroom next and you will be walking on water   big_smile  big_smile
Good luck mate

Ian

#1011-11-2010 11:34:41

Icon - Post link Brummie wrote:

Too true, a nice new bathroom next and you will be walking on water   big_smile  big_smile
Good luck mate

Ian
Cock the plumbing up and you will be up to your neck in hot water !!!  lol
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo