Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 0
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#129-10-2017 18:45:11

subscriptions on the new hilux site?

Has anyone paid? I intend to when I can but it does seem a tad money orientated, apparently you cant post pictures unless you cough up, is that right? I realise the guys got to get his outlay back but how much does it actually cost to run a site? (and hello Jess whistle ).

#229-10-2017 21:54:16

Re: subscriptions on the new hilux site?

Hi Jess, i've not paid up as I no longer have a surf, but as you say it seems all normal functions, including editing your own posts now have to be paid for, although i think you can post links to photos stored elsewhere, you just cant upload directly to the site.. Andy

#330-10-2017 17:30:45

I use the Alfaowner.com site and you get all of that for free so I'd watch your wallet before handing over money for what is very std stuff these days.  They get revenue from adverts.

#431-10-2017 08:38:46

Yeah!, I go on several websites and as you say all that is free, i'll hold fire a bit I think, it's not that I'm too bloody tight to spend £15 but it does seem to be all about the money with this guy lol

#501-11-2017 08:14:56

I think you will find he has had to pay koi a bit for the site and needs to make it work. Yes some of the things are standard but he is trying to save a resourse that was going to be lost.

#601-11-2017 20:37:52

hmm

TBH they pay for adverts based on footfall and there's not that much on the Surf site these days ...   If we still had a Surf or they were still importing newish ones I'd happily pay

cool

#704-12-2017 01:00:43

What's been happening? Not been keeping track of things.

#804-12-2017 06:17:06

Icon - Post link Matt wrote:

What's been happening? Not been keeping track of things.
Great Scott he’s alive.....

#904-12-2017 07:57:20

Aye. big_smile
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo