Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

Daemon4x4 - 4x4 & Off Road Technical Board

• [ You are not logged in ]
  • Members online: 1
Icon - Increase font size Icon - Decrease font size Icon - Reset font size

All fields which are not marked as optional are required. They must be completed before the form can be submitted.

[ Those fields requiring attention are highlighted. ]

#118-07-2018 18:27:31

Proud dad

So 10 years ago we arranged a Trip with surfs and fronteras to the plain.

https://youtu.be

A good day was had by all....despite me  blowing a radiator and someone else blowing an engine  big_smile

I had my boy racer son with me that day...his first off-road experience, he learned how to control a vehicle and do things he didn't think a car could do.

Fast forward to last year, he picked up a couple of range rovers and discoveries, bought and sold and ended up with a lifted v8 disco which he used as it was intended (replaced several diffs etc  roll )
When the storms came in last year (we missed them as we were sunning ourselves in Spain  cool  big_smile ) he went out and recovered people, towed them up hills etc. Spent one night on a main route with a severe hill pulling people up to safety in heavy snow.
There was a police armed response BMW M5 stuck....they couldn't get up the hill....he'd asked if they wanted a tow and they declined three times. Eventually he decided he'd had enough and was going home....told the police...they decided to take the tow. It was filmed apparently.... devilish

Today he's had a letter of commendation from the chief constable for his help to the community and allowing emergency vehicles to go about their business by keeping main roads free of hold ups.

Haven't heard of them doing this before, apparently ther were 400 recommended for the commendation but he was actually selected.

Not bad for a boy racer (he still races)  roll

Last edited by meooo (18-07-2018 18:43:01)

#219-07-2018 06:40:14

Re: Proud dad

Well done to him and the v8 discovery.....

#319-07-2018 21:04:19

Icon - Post link abecketts wrote:

Well done to him and the v8 discovery.....
Well said sire, the lad done good :-)

#423-07-2018 19:27:23

Well done that lad, and his green oval smile  thumbs

#523-07-2018 19:28:24

Well done that lad, and his green oval smile  thumbs

#624-07-2018 22:25:46

big_smile

Excellent job !

Where's the link to the video ?

whistle

#725-07-2018 07:16:02

Can't find it
May have been one of those Instagram type things they do nowadays  hmm
Display⁄Hide tags
Tag on Bebo Tag on BlinkList Tag on Connotea Tag on Del.icio.us Tag on Digg Tag on Diigo Tag on Facebook Tag on Google Tag on Linkedin Tag on Mister Wong Tag on MSN Live Tag on Myspace Tag on Newsvine Tag on Reddit Tag on Spurl Tag on StumbleUpon Tag on Technorati Tag on Twitter Tag on Yahoo